Really cool consignment find!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am excited because I bought an unexpected Chanel earlier this week(!) Been traveling for work so haven’t had time to check in with a bag report.

I’ve always been a fashion fan and admired Chanel but for the longest time didn’t think it was my look. Also that my lifestyle was probably a little too rough and tumble to take care of quilted lambskin properly. Then I fell in love with the rectangular mini and have been patiently keeping my eyes open for one in a fun statement color. Since my city only has Chanel inside of Neiman Marcus & there’s limited stock, I tend to shop on the road and also to browse through consignment boutiques since sometimes the previous season colors are more vibrant than what is currently available.

Anyway this week I was working in San Francisco & went to check out a consignment shop in the Marina that always gets great stuff. They didn’t have any minis in stock but a tote caught my eye…

[​IMG]

It’s so cool! It’s a metallic pinky/taupe caviar with light brushed gold hardware. Almost looks rose gold in certain light but I held up a couple earrings next to it and it’s definitely light gold. The inside is camel colored leather. I used to use a Balenciaga City for my laptop but sold it awhile back because it was too squeezy to carry much else. But this bag is perfect for my Macbook with room left to spare! What a cool yet still funky neutral. Handles are comfortable and it’s not too heavy with my stuff inside. I looooooooove it!

[​IMG]

Plus the caviar is sturdy enough to handle trips to the airport.

[​IMG]

I tried to do some research in the forum and online but didn’t learn much about this bag. If any of the experts here have any ins on what it is, I’d love to know more! I found the hologram on the inside. Even searching keywords on Google I found an expired listing on Portero but it didn’t tell me anything about product specs or what year it was made or anything. Just generic “shopper tote” informatics.

[​IMG]

But either way for a first Chanel bag I am very excited about this one :biggrin:

2. Awesome! This fits you and your lifestyle!

3. oh yes!!!! what a great piece. enjoy!!

4. I love this tote! The color is great and it sounds like it fits your work needs perfectly! Big congrats. I love Chanel totes too!

5. Love it, and looks great on you! Congrats!

6. IT looks great, congrats!

7. Beautiful find!! Love that it's a zip top tote. Wish that Chanel made more of those.

8. Congratulations on your great find! It's perfect for work and the color is very pretty. Enjoy!

9. Congrats on your beautiful tote!

10. Thanks so much for the bag love! I feel like my pix aren't doing the color justice. Up close its soooo cool! I think it shows up well next to the dust cover

[​IMG]

I'd tried on a blue metallic caviar WOC at the Chanel store in Union Square which I thought was supacool so a whole tote of pink metallic caviar is extra fab :biggrin:

11. it looks awesome and it fits so much! i love the color!

12. Great Chanel tote, LVk8! You look beautiful with it as well!

13. Nice! Do you think you'll be able to go to Chanel to identify the bag?

14. My next trip where I'll be near a Chanel store & have time to go over will not be until Sept/Oct but will def try then!

I did find a couple "sold" ones with the post still online but not with official bag names or what year it was made or anything. It will be cool to find out :biggrin:

http://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-metallic-caviar-shoulder-bag-brown-84369
    http://escolas.edu.azores.gov.pt/Publication_files/list.php?aid=998674&link=/?d=chanel-pink-bronze-metallic-caviar-quilted-large-shopper-tote-bag-3#

nucleii likes this.
  15. Love the vintage tote!! Looks really good on you.