Really cant belive it...so sad!

Baginuse

Jun 13, 2012
I really can not belive it, just took out the stuffing of my new Alexa ( husband asleep) and saw that she is not at all perfect! I'm really depressed now. The postman lock plate do not sit tight on to the leather as it does on my other Lexys so I saw it first when my sweater happened to get stuck there.
This is so annoing, I had 4 bags recpleced this year due to faults and then this one, so annoyed on myself that I missed to see it in the shop. :sad:(
What do you say, does any of your bags look like this? Gaps on both sides. The oak one is complety flat and no gaps at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Compared as the postman lock plate sits on my oak bag, not a mm is gaping there, sits perfectly flat agains the surface. :
:

Attachments

• IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 487
Oh BIU I am gutted for you. That lock would really bother me. Terrible! After your much deliberation it's even more annoying. Hope you find another perfect one as you seemed genuinely pleased with this design

I really can not belive it, just took out the stuffing of my new Alexa ( husband asleep) and saw that she is not at all perfect! I'm really depressed now. The postman lock plate do not sit tight on to the leather as it does on my other Lexys so I saw it first when my sweater happened to get stuck there.
This is so annoing, I had 4 bags recpleced this year due to faults and then this one, so annoyed on myself that I missed to see it in the shop. :sad:(
What do you say, does any of your look like this?

Oh nooooo, Baginuse. I don't believe your bad luck with Alexas. :faint: I'll sneak into the bedroom and check my ss girls, but I'm fairly certain that they are flat to the leather. Of course, yours is the stiffer, printed leather, but even so ... I really don't think it should sit like this. But you couldn't be expected to notice everything in the shop, especially when she's packed out and you're examining her for scratches, loose stitching, marks etc etc.

I hope you can get her swapped, but that's yet more faffing about for you :sad:

What do you say, does any of your look like this?

Oh no what a pain in the bum.:cursing::mad::rant::censor:
This would really bother me.
I really feel for you here could it not be replaced?
Send it back immediately thats what i would def do and keep positive im sure another will turn up somewhere.

Last edited:
Oh BIU I am gutted for you. That lock would really bother me. Terrible! After your much deliberation it's even more annoying. Hope you find another perfect one as you seemed genuinely pleased with this design
Thanks Hun!
I will call them tomorrow. Sad thing is that the 2 bags that were left were nowhere near this one in the leather softness and quality and this one had so much more life in the pattern and grain. So it was real love.
But I have to say that I'm really disappointed now hearing from so many about the quality and then this one on top of it , this bag should not even get pass the quality control at all. :sad:

Thanks Hun!
I will call them tomorrow. Sad thing is that the 2 bags that were left were nowhere near this one in the leather softness and quality and this one had so much more life in the pattern and grain. So it was real love.
But I have to say that I'm really disappointed now hearing from so many about the quality and then this one on top of it , this bag should not even get pass the quality control at all. :sad:

It's possible that they could replace the lock, free of charge, for you if you're keen to retain that particular bag. But it's not what you expect from a full price, "luxury" brand item. I'm so very, very sorry for you ...

Oh nooooo, Baginuse. I don't believe your bad luck with Alexas. :faint: I'll sneak into the bedroom and check my ss girls, but I'm fairly certain that they are flat to the leather. Of course, yours is the stiffer, printed leather, but even so ... I really don't think it should sit like this. But you couldn't be expected to notice everything in the shop, especially when she's packed out and you're examining her for scratches, loose stitching, marks etc etc.

I hope you can get her swapped, but that's yet more faffing about for you :sad:
My oak one is sitting very close to the leather , so much as I cant get in under even if I wanted and then this one with a 4 mm gap on one side.
And then husband is working from home tomorrow so I have to find an excuse to leave home for a couple of hours to travel back to the shop...Not so fun if I get caught out again buying yet another rbag...;) hehe

Oh no what a pain in the bum.:cursing::mad::rant::censor:
This would really bother me.
I really feel for you here could it not be replaced?
Send it back immediately thats what i would def do and keep positive im sure another will turn up somewhere.
Thanks Jan!
If I keep it it will ruin the bag as it is not sitting tight to the leather and will prob fasten in everything when I open and close it so I have to replec the bag or the lock ifthey do it, but it usally take so many weeks ( about 2 months time) to get things repaired by them also. Well I will talk to them tomorrow. :sad:

It's possible that they could replace the lock, free of charge, for you if you're keen to retain that particular bag. But it's not what you expect from a full price, "luxury" brand item. I'm so very, very sorry for you ...
Thanks Sweetie.I will talk to them tomorrow morning and see what they say.
I guess its better just to change it, but I really had a special thing going with this one....you know.. :smile:

Thanks Jan!
If I keep it it will ruin the bag as it is not sitting tight to the leather and will prob fasten in everything when I open and close it so I have to replec the bag or the lock ifthey do it, but it usally take so many weeks ( about 2 months time) to get things repaired by them also. Well I will talk to them tomorrow. :sad:

Keep us posted Baginuse goodluck +Ill pray for you that they have another one in pristine cond xxxx

That's awful, I feel for you :sad: Good luck sorting it out. I've got an oak printed Lexie and the lock sits perfectly flush so I don't think it's anything to do with the type of leather just seemingly non-existent quality control :nono:

Oh no - this is awful news and really shoddy work from Mulberry. I can't believe that after all your searching and paying full price that the Turnlock is like this! I'm sooo sorry hon I hope it gets resolved quickly and painlessly for you xxxxxccc

Oh no.....this bag should not have been for sale at full price, what is going on with Mulberrys quality control checks? I really hope you manage to change this bag for the perfect one you deserve, good luck!