Really annoyed that....

photoobsessive

hold me back, girls
Oct 26, 2006
I'm really annoyed. My fav SA was on his way out tonight as I was shopping. I went with another that is OK, but not a fav.

I'm sick of attitude.

I pick out these 3 bags, and two wristlets,

and then she says you def can't use the pce card on these items, except for the wristlets.

i said i was bummed and she says nothing.
shes got this attitude of huff, too. im sorry. i used to buy a LOT from them. even though i don't really anymore, i still spend big when i DO go. can't you just be nice? and before PCEs were so prevalent!

i said i didn't see the point of buying all my fall bags at once without a discount, id rather buy them as i want to use them.

she gets this attitude, and it annoys me. i mean, come on. there is no need for that. i wish i just didn't go in when i saw my sa leaving.

besides, this is a brand that goes on sale, and goes to outlets.... i don't want to pay full price for these bags anymore. the brand has been cheapened a bit.

im considering buying each piece as i need it, save me any bags that i won't use and cant get my money back on.

im left just a bit annoyed though. she should have told me to begin with, and let me decide before im looking at all the new things. she knew thats what lured me in.

Attachments

• 11622_b4ae_a0_front.jpg
    11622_b4ae_a0_front.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 12704_b4bg_a0_front.jpg
    12704_b4bg_a0_front.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 12467_bkhma_a0_front.jpg
    12467_bkhma_a0_front.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 41833_b4ae_a0_front.jpg
    41833_b4ae_a0_front.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 41833_b4gy_a0_front.jpg
    41833_b4gy_a0_front.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 32
So sorry to hear about that. I still have not used my PCE. I'm hoping I can get away with getting a Zoe and Sabrina at 25% off. If not I will just be buying some earrings and something for my doggy.

i hope you didnt buy anything from her, if you did you should definatly return it and go back when your fav SA is in and maybe he can get pce on it for you

I ordered a Sabrina today, funny thing I had to go to another store (much further) because my OWN SA wouldnt help me. Sorry this happened to you, did you get anything?

I don't understand.

While I know some SAs have allowed it, it says CLEAR AS DAY on the card what's excluded. Getting mad because your SA is actually following the rules is a little much to me. I can see asking, but getting mad about it is pointless - while we might not like the rules Coach sets, they don't HAVE to do PCE at all. While I might wish they would just enforce what the card says ACROSS THE BOARD, getting PO'd because you didn't get the "hookup" doesn't seem right either.

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the fact is, if I wanted a bag bad enough, it wouldn't matter if it was included. But to berate an SA or a manager over something that for all we know could cost them their jobs is wrong.

To the OP, I would have just waited for your SA. I don't know that you would have gotten a different outcome, but at least you wouldn't have had to deal with the attitude.

I don't understand.

While I know some SAs have allowed it, it says CLEAR AS DAY on the card what's excluded. Getting mad because your SA is actually following the rules is a little much to me. I can see asking, but getting mad about it is pointless - while we might not like the rules Coach sets, they don't HAVE to do PCE at all. While I might wish they would just enforce what the card says ACROSS THE BOARD, getting PO'd because you didn't get the "hookup" doesn't seem right either.

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the fact is, if I wanted a bag bad enough, it wouldn't matter if it was included. But to berate an SA or a manager over something that for all we know could cost them their jobs is wrong.

To the OP, I would have just waited for your SA. I don't know that you would have gotten a different outcome, but at least you wouldn't have had to deal with the attitude.

:goodpost:

100% correct. There could have been a regional mgr in the store at the time, they may be strictly enforcing the rules, whatever. We have been fortunate when they have allowed exceptions in the past.

I'm sick of attitude.

i said i was bummed and she says nothing.
shes got this attitude of huff, too. im sorry. i used to buy a LOT from them. even though i don't really anymore, i still spend big when i DO go. can't you just be nice? and before PCEs were so prevalent!

i said i didn't see the point of buying all my fall bags at once without a discount, id rather buy them as i want to use them.

she gets this attitude, and it annoys me. i mean, come on. there is no need for that. i wish i just didn't go in when i saw my sa leaving.

i think some of you are misunderstanding the OP shes isnt pissed off that she couldnt use it, she is pissed off that the SA was rude just b/c she asked.

^^That's totally what I read too and that's why I didn't understand the posts after the OP:confused1: She seemed to only be annoyed at the SA's attitude and other than she said she was bummed that PCE didn't apply, she wasn't complaining about that, but about the SA's attitude. I agree with her - you have every right to be treated well in a retail store!

The OP also said this:

photoobsessive said:

besides, this is a brand that goes on sale, and goes to outlets.... i don't want to pay full price for these bags anymore. the brand has been cheapened a bit.

im considering buying each piece as i need it, save me any bags that i won't use and cant get my money back on.

im left just a bit annoyed though. she should have told me to begin with, and let me decide before im looking at all the new things. she knew thats what lured me in.

Sounds like she was mad she couldn't use PCE on the items she wanted as well.

The OP also said this:

[/b]

Sounds like she was mad she couldn't use PCE on the items she wanted as well.
well the first and second bold points to me sound like she was only going to buy them if they would give her the discount, but since they wouildnt she will wait b/c either
A: she doesnt want to pay full price for something she may not use
or
B: it may end up at outlets and she will get on discount anyway.

the third thing sound to me like she was annoyed that the SA saw her looking at the excluded items and never told her until after she was done looking and picked out stuff that she wanted, she could have tolf her once she started looking at the items

^^That's totally what I read too and that's why I didn't understand the posts after the OP:confused1: She seemed to only be annoyed at the SA's attitude and other than she said she was bummed that PCE didn't apply, she wasn't complaining about that, but about the SA's attitude. I agree with her - you have every right to be treated well in a retail store!

exactly dont like your job then go home, no need to take it out on us paying customers

It's annoying. I've never had a restriction on a PCE before.

i still like my sa.
i still like those bags.
i didn't like the unnecessary negative attitude (same as i don't on here)

There really is no benefit to buying all of those bags at once without a discount.
And yes, sorry, Coach has become a lesser brand for all of this.
Don't be offended, it was their decision as a company. They are smart enough to know the implications of widespread discounting.

ps, this is a forum where we take out our gripes in addition to our passions. cheers.
if you are looking to get pick a fight or get huffy, go find your husband and take it out on him. poor guys.

No one is getting huffy or picking a fight. I merely stated what MY interpretation was of what you wrote.

Like I said, I think you should have waited for your SA. The attitude you got from the other SA was unnecessary and I think you're absolutely right to be PO'd about it, but it still READ like you were mad that they didn't give you the discount. *shrugs* If that's not the case, so be it.