Really admire you guys...

xegbl

Shopaholic
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
Okay, I really like CL shoes and really like to own a pair... However, I'm not used to wearing such high heels, the most I've worn is like 3.5" and the heels are chunky-liked, not stillettos...

When I tried on some of the CL shoes I liked, I felt as though the tiny heel cannot support my weight and will break away from the shoe (at least that's how it felt) :nuts:

However, I would really like to start wearing such kind of shoes, especially CL, so any suggestion for my first pair?

TIA!!:heart:

Anything around the 4-inch range is fine for me, but higher than that is a bit of work. I would suggest the Declic 100, because it's a 4-inch heel, but there's a hidden platform, so they're more comfortable. Also, there are plenty of lower heels, like the Simple 85, Joli 70, etc. Good luck!

I find that VP is very stable. I don't wobble at all when standing (effortless) and can walk properly in them. They are quite high (5") but one of the most comfortable ones. I find those with platforms like VP and lady gres and minibout are good. They are all about 5".
Also, in my mind, they are "friendlier-ly shaped" (i hope you know what i mean by that, my english is failing me...i... can't... speak...good:Push:smile:.
Especially compared to Decollette (which to me seems to have a painful but beautiful arch shape) or Clichy or Pigalle (which to me seems to have less stable heels). As a comparison, I found my 3.5" Helmut is less stable than my 5" VP. Helmut has not platform and thin heels. I would love to have the 120mm pigalle though!:shame:

Btw, I'm a US7.5-8 (depends on cut), today, I went to try the O-My-Sling in 38 but it's quite tight (my toes were 'scrunched' up). I'm thinking of ordering online but anyone has any idea what I should order for a leather (not patent) VP ?

I can wear either a half or whole size up in the Oh Mys.
As far as heel height, for me it just took practice. Wear them indoors for longer and longer periods. Work you way up.
My foot got used to the change pretty quickly. Now lower heels just feel like flats to me! hahaha!

I think you should stick to a 38 in the leather VPs. I made the mistake of getting a 38.5 (I'm a US 8) and I know after another wear or two, they will be too loose.

You sound like you would be a 38. Many of the classic styles i.e. the Simple Pump, Very Prive, Numero Prive, Pigalle and Yoyo come in 70 and 85mm versions if you are interested in lower heels. I find that the most comfortable is the 120mm Very Prive and Numero Prive. The platform really helps in terms of comfort. And, walking in them takes practice.

Thanks LavenderIce, oo_let_me_see, JetSetGo! laureenthemean..
Will update once I get a pair :smile:

Any idea if the Mini Bout runs the same size as the VP or NP?

VP 70mm. I recently got this one and it is a great sturdy shoe. Very classic too. I posted a thread with some pictures a couple of weeks ago. Here's one pic. They are available on the Barney's website, but I bought mine at Saks Chicago.

Attachments

• CL3.jpg
    CL3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 49
Agree with LavenderIce- the platforms are engineered to give more stability and more comfort. They do look and feel intimidating to walk in at first. Practiced walking in your home and you will learn to become more comfortable wearing and walking in them.

IMHO, the VP, the Declic & the Bruges are all very easy walk in due to the platforms. A year ago the highest heel I would wear was 3 inches. CL's changed my life.

VP 70mm. I recently got this one and it is a great sturdy shoe. Very classic too. I posted a thread with some pictures a couple of weeks ago. Here's one pic. They are available on the Barney's website, but I bought mine at Saks Chicago.

I think the VP 70mm would be a perfect shoe to get used to walking in heels.

Here is a cute video I found that give tips on walking in heels!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usrs6cm2vQg