realized hermes is not unattainable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i been wanting to get atleast one of the hermes, and w/c i think attainable, but everytime i'm thinking of getting one..louis vuitton always creep in , saying , don't need hermes, and end up getting more and more louis.:girlsigh:, even w/ the channel, been wanting to add some chanel on my collection, it's end up i'm ending up w/ louis.

I don't know... When I fell off the LV wagon a few years ago, I tried every brand (minus Hermes & I just wasn't interested) and it did not do a thing for me.

Nothing else would make me as happy as LV. :smile:

I like some of Hermes' bags, like the Garden Party tote and Birkin, but i can't see myself wearing anything other than LV. it's like a curse or something. every time i step into Gucci, Coach or Chanel or even think of buying Balenciaga, my mind screams LV.

I :heart: both!:smile: I started out an LV lover but my taste did change over the years so I added a few H bags to reflect my style now. I own both brands and love/use them equaly.

Irene,
I'm in exactly the same place--have them both, love them both. They each have a place in my wardrobe!! I do buy less LV now, think much more about each purchase to make sure that it's something I will enjoy for years.

Arnott--my evelyne PM is the way, and your pictures were part of what put me over the edge!!

Here's my two cents: Hermes has sample sales. LV does not. You might not be able to get a Birkin or Kelly, but I got a Twilly Garden TPM in Havana for less than half price. That was my first and probably my only foray into the world of Hermes. And in case any of you are wondering, the sample sale I am referring to is the one in NY that happens about 2x a year. They usually have it at the Alliance Francaise and merch is 40-60% off, and typically at least 1 year old. But since H is such a classic, does that really make a difference?

Irene,
I'm in exactly the same place--have them both, love them both. They each have a place in my wardrobe!! I do buy less LV now, think much more about each purchase to make sure that it's something I will enjoy for years.

Glad to see I am not the only Hermes buyer in this forum.

I love Hermes.. i used to be Chanel/LV addict.. but now its mostly Hermes.. Thats being said.. i still buy few chanels and still look at LV collection HOPING Marc Jacob will come to his senses and actually "create" something worth buying consider the crazy prices of current LV bags.. i miss LV old collections when its really creative..

I agree that anything is attainable as long as you have the means to afford it. I came here wanting to know more about the Birkin, but thanks to all the wonderful members stories (and pics), I come to realize there are other H bags out there. I even like the Bolide a bit more than I do the Birkin. While I'm not in the market yet, in a year or so, I will be. I love this forum for gaining knowledge about the Hermes brand. And as far as price goes, there's nothing that can be done about it. Buying from the boutique is still less expensive than buying from a reseller on ebay.

lv might not have sales, but the H sale merchandise is beyond predictable, i mean if there is a piece of rtw or scarf that your dying for you pay full price if not you wait till the end of the season. Hermes also does a very smart thing IMO which is to brand their sale stock with an S stamp, it reminds you of that every time you put it on therefore it edges you more to buy the regular priced stock. (actually one of my bracelets that i bought at the sale didn't have a s stamp) Anyway i still love and use my LV but i know its sub par in comparison to hermes, most of its plastic for crying out loud. And quality and workmanship Hermes had it ten times over LV. Also I personally find the H staff for friendly and enjoyable i often pop in just for chats and to browse. Finally the servicing and repairs on H items is the best, they will service anything and actually try and perform miracles on your stuff. Aesthetically i can understand how one prefers lv but the quality and service of H far surpasses it.

I was in the hermes store and have looked at the birkin and kelly bag last week. The bags are so ugly, they dont look glamourus like lv, gucci, burberry or something else.
I think its a good thing for old ladies..:roflmfao:
I'm sorry but how can a person buy an bag for 5 000 euros? :wtf: i think those people have no idea what to do with their money...
they are *don't cuss, it's trashy - Amanda*:supacool:
:wtf:Woah Minababe! Why don't you tell us what you really think? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.