Realization: the reason it's taking me so long to save for a Manhattan PM

Which would you have chosen if I had thought about this from the get-go?

• The small items/accessories were worth it!

• Girl! You coulda gotten a Manhattan PM!!

• Can't believe you gave up a Denim baggy pm...

Results are only viewable after voting.
antonia - good luck with your savings plan too!! I think that'd make a great birthday present to yourself! heehee.. maybe 2007 will be the great white MC speedy year for many of us on tPF! :yahoo:

daffyduck - yeah, due to the responses to this post of mine - I've actually moved up my timeline: I'm hoping to get the manhattan pm by the end of November! I don't think there are any price increases in the next month. (knock on wood - hope I don't jinx it now that I've said this...) ;)

I love all of the smaller items, but I realized one day, after purchasing my MC cozy purse, that I could have used the money I paid for my little purchase towards my MC Speedy! From this point forward, I decided that I would avoid the smaller items (unless a really good deal came along on eBay) and save my money for the bigger items.

antonia - good luck with your savings plan too!! I think that'd make a great birthday present to yourself! heehee.. maybe 2007 will be the great white MC speedy year for many of us on tPF! :yahoo:

daffyduck - yeah, due to the responses to this post of mine - I've actually moved up my timeline: I'm hoping to get the manhattan pm by the end of November! I don't think there are any price increases in the next month. (knock on wood - hope I don't jinx it now that I've said this...) ;)

Glad you're getting it sooner. Manhattan PM/GM is a MUST have for any LV collection. Can't wait to see your pics! :yes:

Glad you're getting it sooner. Manhattan PM/GM is a MUST have for any LV collection. Can't wait to see your pics! :yes:

I totally agree with you and I can't wait either!!! :love:

I'm just holding off because a large chunk of my savings I'm actually spending on snowboarding gear later in October and this is a purchase I've been planning since last winter so I need to put the sports equipment in priority. :shame:

personally, i would go for the manhattan pm first and then get the smaller items later.

Thanks, but I'm not standing here at the beginning and choosing between the three options. I've actually already purchased the small accessories in the last 2 weeks and yesterday I was tallying up the costs and realized I could've been well on my way to the manhattan. :yes:

I don't regret my purchases of small accessories as they are all firsts for me - first LV agenda, first LV silk scarf, and first LV cles and both the scarf and cles are limited/seasonal. The agenda I've been wanting since basically this past June.

I just had a bit of a panic yesterday when I was doing the tallying of the costs. :shame: But now I'm ok - I'm focused on my goal for the next month and a half or two. :wlae:

I prefer bags/larger items to small accessories. I do have a wallet and a cles but that's it. I am too cheap to spend this kind of $$$ on a tiny thing when I can have a bag for the same price (my epi French Purse wallet was MORE than damier speedy 30:wtf:). Also, after owning a denim LV (Neo speedy), I am not a fan of that line either. MHO - it's WAY overpriced for what it is.:nuts: