Realization: the reason it's taking me so long to save for a Manhattan PM

Which would you have chosen if I had thought about this from the get-go?

• The small items/accessories were worth it!

• Girl! You coulda gotten a Manhattan PM!!

• Can't believe you gave up a Denim baggy pm...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd save for the bag you want most. once you have it get some small items. if you really like the groom cles i'd pick it up because they might be gone soon.
Second thought why not buy the manhattan or baggy used ? it will save you some money and you could get a small item or two.

heehee - I already got the groom cles! All those accessories up there are actually my purchases in the last 2 weeks - except for the Pochette MM which I was actually going to buy today - but when I went to the LV store during my lunch hour I was highly disappointed - because I was surprised by the fact that the MM is too small and the GM is too big for what I wanted it to be... I was actually thinking when I saw pics but not yet IRL that it could be the replacement for my coach wristlet. I was gonna strap on the wapity strap onto the Pochette MM key chain and use it like a wristlet. But the white MC canvas is stiffer than the Coach cloth so it won't expand large enough for me to fit my cell phone in there without distorting the pochette. oh boo... :sad: but I guess my bank account is happy about that!

I am considering getting the baggy pm used - but I haven't come across any in good condition yet. I'm also super picky - so I'm trying to find one in just the right shade of denim too (I prefer something darker rather than lighter). Plus I'm a complete eBay newb - never bought or sold anything on it so I'm a bit too scared still to use it - plus from what I've been reading on tPF and on auctions - it doesn't look like a zero feedback bidder/buyer is something a seller looks forward to. (which I understand - since it just means no history so higher risk of bid - no pay or other problems - but difficult for me because I wouldn't be one of those kind of people!! :hysteric: )

The Manhattan pm I definitely want to get new from the store. I don't know - I guess it's a personal irk - but because it's a handheld with vachetta I want to be there for the bags entire patina process so I know that any patina on the handles are from my hands and not somebody elses.:yucky: :shrugs:

girl, I'm not a help cuz I have the PM and adore it. It's this forum! Makes us want more and more! Good luck! I'll wait for you to get it so you can join the club !! :flowers:

PS. the MC speedy is on my wishlist too!

Good luck with you new/ up coming purchases and savings.

heehee - I already got the groom cles! All those accessories up there are actually my purchases in the last 2 weeks - except for the Pochette MM which I was actually going to buy today - but when I went to the LV store during my lunch hour I was highly disappointed - because I was surprised by the fact that the MM is too small and the GM is too big for what I wanted it to be... I was actually thinking when I saw pics but not yet IRL that it could be the replacement for my coach wristlet. I was gonna strap on the wapity strap onto the Pochette MM key chain and use it like a wristlet. But the white MC canvas is stiffer than the Coach cloth so it won't expand large enough for me to fit my cell phone in there without distorting the pochette. oh boo... :sad: but I guess my bank account is happy about that!

I am considering getting the baggy pm used - but I haven't come across any in good condition yet. I'm also super picky - so I'm trying to find one in just the right shade of denim too (I prefer something darker rather than lighter). Plus I'm a complete eBay newb - never bought or sold anything on it so I'm a bit too scared still to use it - plus from what I've been reading on tPF and on auctions - it doesn't look like a zero feedback bidder/buyer is something a seller looks forward to. (which I understand - since it just means no history so higher risk of bid - no pay or other problems - but difficult for me because I wouldn't be one of those kind of people!! :hysteric: )

The Manhattan pm I definitely want to get new from the store. I don't know - I guess it's a personal irk - but because it's a handheld with vachetta I want to be there for the bags entire patina process so I know that any patina on the handles are from my hands and not somebody elses.:yucky: :shrugs:

I'm with you on that. ^^^

I don't know if I would ever be able to get anything used. Irks me too.

Ha. we're LV twins

Isn't that great to find people on the forum who share the same good taste in bags - but also are able to admit the tiny little things about themselves that may be a bit strange to others? :smile:

After my experience at the LV store today - not buying the pochette mm or gm and then (I hate to admit this) but I then proceeded to stand at the counter and was desperately trying to pick something to buy even though it wasn't a pre-thought purchase. Luckily my SA is so sweet and wasn't annoyed by me - but then again this was my 4th time back to see her in 2 weeks and my first time not getting anything. But I looked at the mini ellipse, denim sandals (which looked amazing on display, but somehow lacked the same gorgeousness actually on my foot...:P ), vernis pochette, mono speedy 30, mini mono pochette, PH, damier pap 26.. then when I asked for the white mc wapity and they didn't have it in stock you'd think it'd slow me down, but then I asked for the new coloured inclusions and FINALLY they didn't have those yet either - I was like 'What am I doing...' Frig... I almost walked out of there today with a SPEEDY!! What am I doing? I'm basically halfway to a manhattan pm!!

So with that story... I've resolved that I really do want the Manhattan PM and so that it doesn't seem so far away (and I excuse off the saving for it) - I've decided that instead of March - I'm gonna aim to get the Manhattan PM by the end of November. :love: So that is the plan and no being thwarted by accessories - although if an Indigo Vernis Roxbury Drive or a blue mini mono tst josephine were to show up somehow somewhere - then I may have to get those instead... ;)

Well i guess to answer the question
option 1,2, or 3
i'd sooner buy the fav bag first and check out getting used because then i have money for the next bag.

I'd sooner have the handbag(2) then the accessories.

My gosh... I really do want a Manhattan PM and a white MC speedy and a Denim baggy PM for that matter. Today I've realized that the little accessories are killing my savings plan!!! Don't know if I should be happy because I have these little treasures or I should be kicking myself because with the money I've spent in the last 2 weeks I'm pretty much almost at a Manhattan pm or a Denim baggy pm...

So my wondering and curious mind... or perhaps I'm just looking for reassurance that I haven't been stupid and gave up a bag for multiple accessories... :P anyhoo...

Would you rather have:
Option 1:
- 1 mono koala small agenda with rose interior (free 2006 full refill set)
- 1 Groom cles
- 1 monogram leopard scarf
- 1 white MC pochette MM
- 1 inclusion bracelet (in italics cuz I haven't ACTUALLY spent the $$ on this yet!*)

Option 2:
- 1 Manhattan PM

Option 3:
- 1 Denim baggy PM

*and actually I could probably throw in an inclusion bracelet in Option 1 to get to the price of the Manhattan PM.

bag_fetish - thanks for the well wishes and the great suggestions!

evilsuimai - your manhattan is gorgeous! I can't wait to join you in the club! Maybe in the future both of us can also join the MC speedy club! ;) :love:

The little pieces you bought are more limited whereas the bags will be there for a little bit longer. Don't fret, for you'll get everything you want!!!

thanks! I guess I'm entering hoarding mode because from looking at everyone lovely pics on the forum - I've realized that my love for LV has started a bit too late and there's pieces that I can no longer get that I want! Oh well - I will keep waiting until LV comes out with new lines that are just as love-inducing as their previous ones!

It is a comforting thing to know I'm not the only one! We'll look out for eachother and if we happen to fall off the wagon - we can encourage eachother (well congratulate eachother on definitely a great purchase).. encourage eachother to not fall off again so we can stay focused on the goal! :yes:

My estimated timelines: March 2007 (birthday time!) for the Manhattan PM and Summer 2007 either the Denim Baggy PM or the white MC Speedy 30.

It's tough staying away from the accessories tho because there is so much variety and so many lines - just too many pretty things! :love: I should be good to stay away from the accessories now tho - must be more resolved and plus I pretty much have one item of each 'type' of thing. I'm trying to resist the desire for a vernis small agenda!

I hear you!! I love to shop, period, so it's hard to save up, it takes me a while...I'd spend $500 a month on clothes and then I started to realize, hey, in two months time, this same amount of money I'm spending on clothes that I don't really need (I have plenty), I could be buying Louis Vuitton!! So now I'm trying to stay away from the malls so I'm not tempted. I also, like you, want to get a white MC Speedy and since it's going to take me a while, I decided to give myself a deadline of my 40th birthday (which is over a year away!!) to slowly save up without going broke....beleive me, if I can get it sooner, I will try.....:yes: so I wish you all the luck and wish me luck too!!! I need it!!