Realistically, is a white city a good buy?

Grymera

Jul 25, 2018
I saw a photo of Kendall Jenner with a white city and I LOVE the look. I attempted to purchase one pre-loved on Ebay and the condition was just horrible, I had to send it back. I understand there's going to be some handle wear that's to be expected, but is it just not durable? I'm seeing a lot on the preloved market that seem more antiqued white, not sure if that was the intention or just that age has affected the color. So, what do the experts think? Should I plunge forward and get another pre-loved bag? Unfortunately, I just can't justify new prices given how the resale market seems to be sliding for Balenciaga.

The-Many-Bags-of-Kylie-and-Kendall-Jenner-28.jpg

white is white, it will show wear, sooner than other colours, and even if you baby it, it will still turn yellow a bit over the years, that's something you can't avoid, or change.
if you wear jeans, there will be denim transfer for sure, if you live in a hot and sunny place, then your sunscreen will cause handles soiling, too.
if you manage to find a bag in pristine condition and plan your whole outfit carefully around the bag, then, probably, you can consider it, but if it's going to be a challenge, then, i personally, would not get it to avoid disappointment
Good luck deciding :flowers:

I would definitely pass on the White.
Too much trouble to worry about as far as issues like soiling, color transfer, etc.
It IS a beautiful bag color though! :yes:

You can always get the preloved one dyed back to white. A friend dyed a faded well used purple Bal City back to original colour - it was amazing