Realdealcollection or anns fabulous finds, which has a quicker turnaround?

Forever broke

Apr 23, 2009
Hiya all,

This voice keeps coming in my head (much as I try to ignore it) that since I can't use my xxxx for a while since it is undercover so to speak, should I try to sell it now that it is in a brand new condition. But obviously I don't want to give it away (at next to nothing). Having looked at both sites they both look good. Can anyone tell me if they think one is better than the other in terms of the length of time it would take for my bag to sell. Or are they about the same? I noticed that realdeal give you 70% on the listed price but then they have an awful lot of bags, maybe it takes a long time for the bags to sell.

Any thoughts and opinions would be great.

Many thanks!!

xx

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen most Bbags listed on AFF seem to be snapped up as soon as they appear (or maybe it's just the ones I want but miss out on ;)) but depending on how in demand your bag is things probably sell just as quickly on both sites.

RDC has the added advantage of trades in plus often bags won't even make it to being listed because they're on someone's Wish List.

Thank you silverfern and Santamaraghita,

Jira - forgive me, it was innocently done. I shall remember next time and not mention what i'm considering to sell. Btw, what does OP mean?

I'm leaning towards realdeal if I go for it. It is the sensible thing to do.

Silverfern - I had also noticed that about AFF-whenever I get an e-mail alert the bag has already gone.

I'll think about it a little more. I also have to factor in the cost of shipping and insurance.

tks xx

From what I've seen most Bbags listed on AFF seem to be snapped up as soon as they appear (or maybe it's just the ones I want but miss out on ;)) but depending on how in demand your bag is things probably sell just as quickly on both sites.

RDC has the added advantage of trades in plus often bags won't even make it to being listed because they're on someone's Wish List.

I agree with both statements by silverfern.

I think some bags that are sent to RDC never see the light of day. I believe she maintains a wish list of HGs by Bbag fans and when the item arrives, it is quickly snapped up. :smile:

And the really great bags on AFF are quickly sold!

Thank you lovely garments!!

So a vote for both! I'll have to weigh it up. AFF don't pay for international shipping, i'm assuming that's also the case for realdeal but if they did pay i'd definately go with them!!

Btw, i've so little time with my boys and all but may I say that I saw your part times and they are amazing. So beautiful and you look so great.

xx

Thank you silverfern and Santamaraghita,

Jira - forgive me, it was innocently done. I shall remember next time and not mention what i'm considering to sell. Btw, what does OP mean?

I'm leaning towards realdeal if I go for it. It is the sensible thing to do.

Silverfern - I had also noticed that about AFF-whenever I get an e-mail alert the bag has already gone.

I'll think about it a little more. I also have to factor in the cost of shipping and insurance.

tks xx

I think it's "original poster" :biggrin:

I don't have any experience with Ann's fabulous finds but Corey (the person that owns RDC) is such a sweet person! My exchange center took so long to transfer the money and when she received it apparently the exchange rate dropped so my original payment had an extra $10 when she received it and she didn't seem to mind (I thought that it would've been a problem because the exchange rate dropped)

Not sure about what percentage of the profit they take, but RDC has the option to trade your item with other ones

Good luck!

I've used AFF to consign Chanel bags and Ann and her staff are very professional. She has staff who work the night shift and I received answers to questions as late as midnight and beyond!

In addition to the website, AFF is also a consignment shop where customers can walk in and purchase. RDC is strictly online. One of my bags at AFF sold very quickly with an in-store purchase, so there weren't any shipping or credit card fees deducted from the sale. The other bag I consigned with AFF never sold, at no fault to Ann as we even placed it on sale. It was the lousy economy, and when I finally sold it myself took a huge loss.

AFF's percentage is a sliding scale described on the website. The higher the bag sells for the less they take.

The only drawback about RDC, according to my friend's & some people's experience on consigning their Bbags is that, it takes too long maybe a month or more for their bags to show up on RDC's website. Maybe Corey is overwhelmed & working by herself doing everything that the time passes by too long and your Bbag still not shown on her website for possible buyer to see at the earliest time. Her website is the only way to see what's available. If time is not the essence for you, RDC is ideal because she also accepts a trade w/o waiting for your Bbag to sell.

Last edited:
Thank you imlvholic,roey,aimtree and nasq for your replies.

I've definately gone off of RDC if it would take so long - if I do this I prefer for it to be over quickly. Yoogi's closet will buy the bags, i'm waiting to get prices. Obviosly for less than consignment so may not be worth it. Am I being paranoid but do sending bags (from abroad especially) pose a real risk?). I feel a little anxious packing up such expensive bags and sending tem to a post office box or whatever. But they are legit sites. It's such a hard decision, if I knew a job was around the corner but it seems unlikely over here right now.

xx

i've sold many many bags through rdc, and corey has been terrific with everything. if you are selling a bag that is desirable it will sell right away. it is true that sometimes the bags take a few weeks to list, as she has become so popular. but there is a positive side to that as well, if you think about it. her site is so popular, so she has a much bigger buyer base. check through ann's fabulous finds and you'll see that the less popular things don't sell quickly. the trade-in situation at corey's is great. if you know a bag will sit for a while, you can opt for a trade. i've never had a bag that didn't ell eventually with corey, but i usually send her bags that are in demand. my theory is that if it's an in-demand bag, it will sell well everywhere. but it is true that ann's fabulous finds probably lists them more quickly. i've only bought from them, and the one time i did, i had to correct their math, as they had not taken into account a second payment. but they were polite about it and corrected the error. i always save my emails on these transactions!