Real Vs. Fake???

mmm...i don't understand when people say...

"if you buy a fake you support terrorism..."

if i think terrorism i think of...september 11...and War...bombs...etc...

can somebody help me lol

if somebody buys counterfeit LV...etc...how is it helping terrorism?

i thought...if you buy counterfeit LV...you're supporting the non luxury counterfeit market...that's all...lol

mmm...;

I think it is because counterfeiting is illegal, and those who make counterfeits are criminals, so by buying counterfeits you are supporting people who are not only making counterfeit bags but also dealing drugs and are involved in human trafficking. And obviously terrorists get money from illegal activities so by buying counterfeits you are supporting criminals and criminals are funding terrorism. If that makes sense :biggrin: I think that's the link.

I don't know if there are any proven links between counterfeit bags and terrorism, but there are lots and lots of proven links between counterfeit DVDs, shirts, cigarettes, etc., etc., etc. and terrorism. So it's not a stretch to think there might be a nexus with bags as well. But bags generally come from organized crime groups.

With respect to people buying fakes, I often hear things like, "I don't care if I'm hurting a big company like LVMH." The bigger problem IMO is that people don't think about who they are HELPING.

For a million reasons, I would never buy a fake and this is one of them.

Supporting the counterfeit market is actually helping terrorism because the people who are in charge of the counterfeit businesses and factories are using that to fund their living and terrorism. Alot of other counterfeiting businesses are controlled by large gangs and mafia who exploit child labor. So if you buy a fake, it was most likely sewed together by a 4 year old who is being forced to work 20 hours a day. It sounds horrible and impossible but its true...

I think it is because counterfeiting is illegal, and those who make counterfeits are criminals, so by buying counterfeits you are supporting people who are not only making counterfeit bags but also dealing drugs and are involved in human trafficking. And obviously terrorists get money from illegal activities so by buying counterfeits you are supporting criminals and criminals are funding terrorism. If that makes sense :biggrin: I think that's the link.

Yes, this is it.
"Terrorism" doesn't only apply to middle eastern issues, it's any illegal activity. My Poupette had a lot of good links on her site at one time, they may still be there.

Yes, this is it.
"Terrorism" doesn't only apply to middle eastern issues, it's any illegal activity. My Poupette had a lot of good links on her site at one time, they may still be there.

It's definitely true that not all terrorists are Middle Eastern (IRA, ETA, etc.), but not all illegal activity is terrorism. Not even close.

I suggest you visit IACC.org and download their "Facts on Fakes" PDF file. It has several documented cases of terrorist or those with terrorist ties involved in the counterfeit business. For example, the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 was partially funded by the sale of fake designer clothing. Criminals with ties to Al Quaeda were arrested for smuggling counterfeit perfumes. Al Quaeda training manuals seized by the authorities listed counterfeiting as a low risk way to fund activities. There are also several examples of fakes being used in connection with drug and human smuggling operations perpetuated by organized crime syndicates.

i dont agree, terrisom and the fake industry are two seperate worlds, the US had trained and is still training other countries, as the war that is not needed still persues, as witl Bin Laden, who was trained by the CIA, and planned the attack of 9/11, where is the link of fake merchandise linked to that? im sure he wasnt wearing a fake vuitton wallet at the time

I'm not in law enforcement or anything, but thought I'd pass this information along from a friend of mine who feels strongly about counterfeit and its link to terrorism: http://www.fraudaid.com/ScamSpeak/conprods.htm

Personally, it took a lot of energy, reading and looking for resources to research the 2 topics so I gave up...although the information can be found. Thankfully, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I had bought a fake, which is why I stopped researching and settled to finally get my first LV. Glad I did!