REAL OR FAKE on 90210 to people who saw the Two Hour episode!

Hi, I just watched this show tonight. I resisted because it brought back bad memories from the 90ties. The bag was definately fake! And so was alot of the stuff that went on! I know for a fact that Santa Monica warf is not that happening at night! Watching that show made in want to vomit!

Hello ladies, I am more interested in where I can find that purse for my wife than to debate if a show that has MILLIONS of dollars in their advertising budget alone, and that are possibly hitting 300+ million viewers would risk using counterfeit items, C'mon let be real for a second They blasted your eyeballs out with CHANEL the whole 2 hours. I am pretty confident that Chanel not only one-offed most of the items used on the premier episode but they probably paid to be a sponsor for most of the material used on the show. Now if we were watching some reality TV show then I might go along with you on the possibility that they could be fake, but on this level I have to say "you are out of your minds" if you think that a nationally syndicated, super anticipated, highly franchised show; that could obviously afford to toss $20 million in vehicles in the high school parking lot could not afford a $300-$1000 dollar purse ----

but Hey Im just a loving husband who is almost insanely tired of spending 300-500 dollars on purses for my wife just to have to spend 300-500 on the damn wallet that is like 1/10 the size C'mon ladies your driving us crazy

PS
why do you guys need 20 different purses anyways - i have had the same damn wallet for 3 years can someone please convince my wife that a purse is good for longer than 3 months

but what the hell do i know im just a guy
You can tell who ever wrote this is ignorant because Chanel bags are rarely under $1500 these days. And that would be considered "cheap"
And if he is only spending $300 to $500 than he belong in the coach thread. I don't mean to offend Coach lovers out there I myself also buy Coach as well.

Last edited:
I'm assuming sometimes when its time to film, they don't have all the licenses and/or permission from the designer house in order to use the items and they go with fakes. This isn't the first time it happens. Fakes have been used in SITC, THE OC and some movies.

Can't they get sued? I mean I guess you'd think they would but this isn't the only TV show or movie that there's been fakes. Hmm..

I was wondering the same thing. I highly doubt that Chanel created one-of-a-kind items just for this show as someone mentioned in a post above. I would think if Chanel was at all involved, they would showcase pieces that we would want to buy. Everything I saw during the show appeared to be quite poor in terms of quality. If these are indeed fakes, and I believe we all think they are, well that is really bad that shows/production companies/rental agencies would contribute to the knock-off market. The message they are sending out is it is ok to buy fakes and that is not right.

Hello ladies, I am more interested in where I can find that purse for my wife than to debate if a show that has MILLIONS of dollars in their advertising budget alone, and that are possibly hitting 300+ million viewers would risk using counterfeit items, C'mon let be real for a second They blasted your eyeballs out with CHANEL the whole 2 hours. I am pretty confident that Chanel not only one-offed most of the items used on the premier episode but they probably paid to be a sponsor for most of the material used on the show. Now if we were watching some reality TV show then I might go along with you on the possibility that they could be fake, but on this level I have to say "you are out of your minds" if you think that a nationally syndicated, super anticipated, highly franchised show; that could obviously afford to toss $20 million in vehicles in the high school parking lot could not afford a $300-$1000 dollar purse ----

but Hey Im just a loving husband who is almost insanely tired of spending 300-500 dollars on purses for my wife just to have to spend 300-500 on the damn wallet that is like 1/10 the size C'mon ladies your driving us crazy

PS
why do you guys need 20 different purses anyways - i have had the same damn wallet for 3 years can someone please convince my wife that a purse is good for longer than 3 months

but what the hell do i know im just a guy

lol obviously you are no chanel expert but its okay. I think we all are sure its a fake no matter how much money the show or chanel makes on the production. No meaness implied. Chanel is def not 300 to 500 like someone else said. chanel is more like 2000 or more. Is he talking about Coach or something.

Last edited:
fake! but naomi's chanel jewelry looked real. sorry if someone already posted this and im repeating something- but a lot of shows, especially soap operas use fakes- especially in the first season before they have enough advertising to approve a big budget. even rachel carried a fake louis vuitton tote on friends one time. if 90210 takes off im sure designers, inclusing chanel, will lend them real stuff.

The show just aired in the Netherlands a couple of days ago and I was só surprised to see that fake Chanel! I'm by no means a Chanel expert but I did spot the obvious fakeness of this bag. Hideous!
Gossip Girl and the OC have the real stuff, but they lend those from large fashion houses! That's good for them because it's free publicity, everyone wants their stuff on the big tv shows. I guess 90201 still has to prove itself, and their budget must be kind of tight.

I'm kind of upset that they used fake bags on shows.

If let say their budget is tight or some other reasons, they shouldn't even use a luxury brand in the shows. Can't they just use a non-brand bag and they still can look chic afterall.

fake bag and non-brand bag, I rather carry the non-brand bag.

Gossip Girl and the OC have the real stuff, but they lend those from large fashion houses! That's good for them because it's free publicity, everyone wants their stuff on the big tv shows. I guess 90201 still has to prove itself, and their budget must be kind of tight.

I don't know about the other girls but I'm guessing most Chanel bags carried by Blake Lively on the show are hers. She seems to be quite taken with Chanel in real life herself. For an example, I know the blue patent tote she carried in the first episode of this season is definitely hers. My SA said she came to the boutique to get it.

Anyhoo, I always find myself busy drooling at whatever clothes and accessories shown in Gossip Girl, I don't even notice what happened in the plot!:roflmfao:

So true NanamiRyu I always pay more attention to what the girls are wearing than to what they are saying!

I've seen pictures of Blake Lively with lots of Chanel bags, including a gorgeous purple flap. That girl's got style!