Real Life Perspective: How your e-ring looks from a far.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    We've gotten a lot of great rings on here lately and a lot of the pictures are close ups or just of the hand. I saw this posted on Pricescope and thought we should have one here to help the ladies of TPF as well. Please excuse the dry hands!!!!

I think it'll help the ladies in waiting greatly or those looking for an upgrade or are investigating different shapes if they can see the overall look / size from a distance and on hand.

Please post if you can! The more the merrier!

Ring Size - 3.75
    Diamond - 1 ct + 2 baguettes
    Wedding Band - 2mm Tiffany & Co.
    Lucida

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great idea, I like that thread a lot!

Most of these don't show my diamond band, I don't seem to have many photos on this computer like I thought I did...

E-ring is a 1.15 ct H/VS1 Star129 in a Platinum 6 prong solitaire
    Plain band is 2mm platinum band
    Diamond band is a .53ct Raphael Shared Prong band, 5pt stones, in plat.

I need to get better pics off my home machine.

Attached Files:

3. What a wonderful idea for a thread. So many of the rings look enormous in the closeup shots, but from a distance they look far more normal. :smile:

4. LOL Mine is only "huge" for about a foot-2ft distance from my eye. HAHA!

I will take hopefully a better shot tonight from afar. My camera phone sucks.

5. i love this idea and it definitely makes sense.

when i get around to it, i will also take/upload a photo with me wearing my ring from afar.

6. ok these are apparently not a lot better!

again, 1.15ct center stone, band of 5pt stones.

Attached Files:

7. Yes, I absolutely love this idea! Diamond rings look most attractive on someone's hands! Just looking at it is very enjoyable as well as informative.:biggrin:

I quickly took some new photos and found a snapshot in which my e-ring is recognizable.:P Hoping this thread will extend LONG!

Ring size: 6(knuckle size); 5(actual finger size)
    Diamond: 2.4 carat G/VS2 Ideal Cut
    Wedding bands: full circle channel setting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Ahhh, your set is sooo gorgeous! Every time I see your photos here in TPF, I am sooo jealous! ;)

9. ^^^ I agree!

Haha, based on the real life perspective, I wish I had asked for a bigger stone now after seeing Einseine's!

10. Wow such beautiful rings!

Miss D, I also love your watch. Do you mind sharing the brand? Looks great on you!!
    :smile::smile:

11. Thank you Nutcracker!
    Were you able to clean your swing ring? :biggrin: Actually with T&C celebration rings, any e-ring look more gorgeous!(IMVeryPersonalO);)

Thank you missD!
    Your e-ring is one of the best ever seen!;)

There are MANY ladies here who have much bigger diamonds! But, I am 100% happy with my Tiffany set! I don't have many rings, but nothing on my RING wish list. I swear. A couple of things on my Bracelet wish list...:shrugs:

12. what a fun thread idea! I don't have an e-ring to share, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's

(^(oo)^)v

13. Aawww. Thanks Einseine! You don't know the amount of headache I had to go thru to get to this point. This is my 3rd reset in 2.5 years. And I'm by far not picky - they were all quality issues!

Bentley, my watch is a Technomarine Sport. I got it 6 years ago! Very durable watch, the face and hardware still looks very NEW, only the leather strap shows wear. I'm sorry but I forgot the model name, but it's a chronograph watch with a mother of pearl face.

14. missD:
    Congratulation on your third reset! HUGE success!!!
    Believe me, I can understand what you have experienced. My first diamond was 0.75RB/D/VVS1/EX. I bought the stone alone. I bought it because I thought the key was the best 4C specs! I asked a certain jeweller to set it like a simple 6-prong tiffany setting, but the setting quality was very poor. The shapes of the prongs seemed all different... Then I had another jeweller reset it, which I was not satisfied with very much. Finally I made the stone into a pendant top, which I lost during travelling.:smile: All happned within two years.:nogood:

Now I know the key is the setting. A cheap setting ruins the beauty of the stones!:P

15. wow—ame & einseine...both your sets are gorgeous!!! love it...

this thread should be renamed "rings in action..."