Real Housewives of Sydney

Caz71

O.G.
Oct 1, 2012
Anyone bothered to watch. Omg Athena X - what planet is she on. Here the Google box families watch it.

Gogglebox Australia React to Real Housewives of S…:

I have been watching it - not sure how I feel about the Aussie housewives, although they cannot be any more vulgar than some of the other franchises, they can certainly steer towards the petty. Melbourne got downright embarrassing. But I do love the eye candy of reality tv, so I will continue to watch!
The surprise franchise for me was New Zealand. I actually enjoyed all those women at different times, touched on a few real issues, and the eye candy was terrific!

Reactions: Caz71
I have been watching it - not sure how I feel about the Aussie housewives, although they cannot be any more vulgar than some of the other franchises, they can certainly steer towards the petty. Melbourne got downright embarrassing. But I do love the eye candy of reality tv, so I will continue to watch!
The surprise franchise for me was New Zealand. I actually enjoyed all those women at different times, touched on a few real issues, and the eye candy was terrific!
Oh yes forgot about NZ. I enjoyed that one.

Athena is a very beautiful woman - and then she 'expresses herself' dear love...I would cross the street to avoid, her husband must have the patience of a saint.

Reactions: Caz71
"I need an intervention because I didn't go to dinner? I've never heard anything so stupid in my whole life." -well said Victoria. I hope you enjoyed your last moments with your sister.

I also heard they won't show it in the US, as they were too much.
I tend to find the Melbourne, Sydney & even Cheshire franchises extra fake. When they are shooting scenes, it's like it's on an actual 'set'. The people in the background look like extras. I especially noticed it with the so called parties in the Sydney season. I don't get this vibe from the US franchises.
I did walk past Victorias building yesterday & was trying to figure out which apartment was hers.

AthenaX thought she would be the break out star; she was shown on the show as a vain, brainless, high- handed woman who loves to laugh at 'fat people' - seriously turning my stomach by the end. Found her fashion refreshing / amusing but just Could Not Stand any dialogue that fell from her lips. Lisa Oldfield similarly came across as chart- toppingly terrible. The others were portrayed as more normal- level unlikeable/ boring/ eccentric etc
Have mixed feelings about the show. I found Melbourne horrible as well with its bizarre and petty passive aggressive *****fest. At least Sydney wasn't quite so pent up. LOL.
Quite a different vibe from the US versions of the show.

Reactions: ck2802