Real housewives of Salt Lake city

There are several decent places in SLC for wigs and extensions. I have no idea why Meredith decided to wear that!

Yes, I like Whitney and Heather as well- probably because I can relate to being raised in the church with all their brainwashing tactics. It's incredibly sad. I have cousins and friends who were married in the temple who seem so unhappy with their lives and the relationship they have with their husbands. But because they were married in the temple and because "families are forever," they stay. They feel trapped. Andrea (Heather's business partner) filed for divorce shortly after the show aired. I heard she saw the fame Heather was getting from the show and she no longer wanted to be married. I know her husband and he always seemed extremely likeable.
I was shocked by that news.

Jen.. ugh. Yes. She is awful. When I see her more vulnerable side I want to try to like her but I just can't. Everything about her is bad. I saw online somebody posted the tea about her not owning the home and she snapped back and admitted she rents a house up in Park City every year during the winter. The home is currently on the market. I also heard from an "assistant" that Jen has no friends outside of her "shah squad" circle. Her closest friend is her personal trainer who would probably have nothing to do with her if Jen wasn't paying her. Jen makes all her "assistants" sign some type of legal agreement stating they won't discuss anything that happens before, during or after "working" for her. I guess she doesn't even pay these people. She constantly finds new hair, nail and makeup people because when payment comes due for her services she tells them "I'm paying you by tagging you on my social media."
I was shocked to realise Dre's second marriage had also ended. I thought she was happy ever after style. Heather is a really deep person who feels a ton of shame around her marriage failure, even though she acknowledges that her marriage was not great and was just to tick the boxes really, and has some interesting thoughts on the church culture that she shares in the Mormon Stories episodes.
I like her a lot. If they could move forward with another season but ditch Mary or Jen, that would work.
Mary and Jen both seem like LeeAnne from RHOD, just a little too unbalanced to be on the show.

I agree. In every episode, Heather talks about the shame of her failed marriage. I don't know the story- who initiated the divorce? Anyway, Heather is a successful business owner and she does not need her husband's approval anymore. She is clearly not over her divorce.

I agree. In every episode, Heather talks about the shame of her failed marriage. I don't know the story- who initiated the divorce? Anyway, Heather is a successful business owner and she does not need her husband's approval anymore. She is clearly not over her divorce.
Heather said she said no to her husband about the timing of a baby shower or something, and he decided he wanted a divorce. Kind of an odd story? Heather needs a boost of confidence. She seems weighed down by the "shame" of a divorce, and seems to want to be loved, even if it's by crappy "friends".

Reactions: rockhollow
Heather said she said no to her husband about the timing of a baby shower or something, and he decided he wanted a divorce. Kind of an odd story? Heather needs a boost of confidence. She seems weighed down by the "shame" of a divorce, and seems to want to be loved, even if it's by crappy "friends".
That event was the straw that broke the camel's back. The marriage was already in trouble. H had organised a baptism event at a particular time, sent out invites etc. Her husband told her the time wouldn't work for some reason and could she change it. She refused to do so knowing that it was pretty important to him. He then said okay then I'm leaving the marriage. She didn't think he would actually go through with it. Their marriage was pretty dysfunctional and toxic but H wanted to stay in it to check all the boxes of being a good Mormon. She was very surprised when her husband walked away she has said. She has a lot of conflicts between wanting to be seen as the good Mormon and wanting to be true to herself imo. Whereas Dre has 100% left the church.

Jen's "reason" for being so OTT is ridiculous. I totally understand being a POC in Salt Lake is probably super hard, but she wasn't raised in Compton. Like the threat of drowning someone in the lake behind their house is psycho, when in truth she likely needed to become the queen of snide put downs and not violent threats. Salt Lake probably has about the least street cred of any city in the US.

Meredith and her husband being sexual grossed me out for some reason. I was listening to the Smith Sisters on Radio Andy the other day and they totally love Brooks. One of them even mentioned that they know a few people who have bought his tracksuit!! I hope he gets less air time next season.

Reactions: lulilu
I love Whitney's dress on the Reunion. I wish the sleeves on Jen's dress matched, the silver bottom of the right sleeve looks as if they ran out of fabric. Love Mary's dress too, even though it is not PC to like fur.

Reactions: rockhollow
I think the ladies might wear fake fur. I know Jen's stole at that last party was fake fur (Gucci).

Personally, I am not a big fan of one sleeved dresses (although so many seem to be) but Jen's dress was super ugly IMO. Mismatched material, way too much leg, big puffy arm and bare arm. Just not my cup of tea.

Reactions: chowlover2
I love Whitney's dress on the Reunion. I wish the sleeves on Jen's dress matched, the silver bottom of the right sleeve looks as if they ran out of fabric. Love Mary's dress too, even though it is not PC to like fur.

yes, Whitney's dress was fabulous, if you are going to wear a ball gown to event, that was it!

I didn't understand Jen's dress. The big sleeve was just so out of place with the rest of the dress. Not a great message from someone trying to sell 'high end' dresses. Sadly, I also didn't like her hair, way to extreme looking with all her hair pulled back so tightly.
Good side-stepping from Jen - I still have no idea what all her jobs are and why she needs all those assistants - at least Sonja from NY was more amusing with her bevy of interns/assistants.

Jen either doubled her medications, or had lots of coaching for the reunion. More of the apology tour and very subdued - at least for Jen.

There was a really long time between the filming on SL and the reunion - I wonder if that makes it more difficult to do.
Meredith and Lisa were so close and pretty much looked like enemies here on the reunion, lots much have happened.
Lisa seems firmly committed to Camp Shah.

Jen's "reason" for being so OTT is ridiculous. I totally understand being a POC in Salt Lake is probably super hard, but she wasn't raised in Compton. Like the threat of drowning someone in the lake behind their house is psycho, when in truth she likely needed to become the queen of snide put downs and not violent threats. Salt Lake probably has about the least street cred of any city in the US.

Meredith and her husband being sexual grossed me out for some reason
. I was listening to the Smith Sisters on Radio Andy the other day and they totally love Brooks. One of them even mentioned that they know a few people who have bought his tracksuit!! I hope he gets less air time next season.
Jen stop using "WOC" as an excuse for your insane behavior. You're just perpetuating the myth more, not helping anyone.

LOL on the SLC part.

ITA. Meredith and Seth almost seemed like they were acting, and poorly at that. Meredith always sounds so stoned or high to me, that I don't know how she runs any business.

Whitney's dress is amazing and she looked beautiful. Meredith's dress looked like it was probably pretty, but it's not a sitting down dress.
I can't stand Lisa. Her attitude that she is better than everyone else is ridiculous. Especially given the fact that she calls herself Mormon and owns a liquor company. The only reason she has anything to do with that religion is because they have all the money and control the city. Her attitude is obnoxious.

I actually think Lisa is a hoot. Admittedly, I side-eyed the whole “mini mogul” talk (it was akin to Forbes calling Kylie a self-made billionaire) with her sons, but I think she is in some ways the perfect Housewife type. Just snippy enough but doesn’t go to a Brandi Granville level; I like her clothes; and she’s also a smidge out-of-touch (I hate to say delusional because that feels too far). And I will Stan anyone who admits she abhors things like cooking hot dogs. I think if you look at her as a put on character (which I believe is partially true!) she’s perfect for the show.

I started out liking Whitney and Heather the best in the first half of the season, but I think Lisa has become the MVP for me. The interactions in Vegas with Whitney at the race track, and post Vegas with Jen, indicate she is willing to move on and can forgive. Thankfully, I hope this means the show’s future seasons will not be seasons of one dragged out conflict (like Puppygate or Pantygate)

(I don’t think Hayu has part I of the Reunion up so I’m about an episode behind. Sorry folks!)