Real Housewives of Potomac (MD) - BRAVO

Really? You'd think they would give up at the first failure. DC is too conservative a city. I thought they would try somewhere in Texas like Dallas or even try a reboot of Miami (Miami in theory should work if they could the right women together).

Really? You'd think they would give up at the first failure. DC is too conservative a city. I thought they would try somewhere in Texas like Dallas or even try a reboot of Miami (Miami in theory should work if they could the right women together).

They announced Dallas aswell! They added both new cities to the franchise

DC isn't as conservative as you think...

This could be interesting, I know (by association) two of the ladies

DC isn't as conservative as you think...

This could be interesting, I know (by association) two of the ladies

I meant conservative in that everything resolves around politics in DC and while there is a lot of money and power, I just think it is quieter than some other cities. Its just my impression - though I don't live there (I was actually born in DC and spent my early childhood there and do have family in the DC area that I visit, though I don't purport to know DC well.

Anyways, after reading the Bravo blurb I gather the focus will be on successful African American women. There is not enough diversity in the casting of these shows. So I think this was a good decision and good way to revamp the show if they are going back to the DC area. So I have to admit I'm more interested than I was initially upon hearing the news.

I meant conservative in that everything resolves around politics in DC and while there is a lot of money and power, I just think it is quieter than some other cities. Its just my impression - though I don't live there (I was actually born in DC and spent my early childhood there and do have family in the DC area that I visit, though I don't purport to know DC well.

Anyways, after reading the Bravo blurb I gather the focus will be on successful African American women. There is not enough diversity in the casting of these shows. So I think this was a good decision and good way to revamp the show if they are going back to the DC area. So I have to admit I'm more interested than I was initially upon hearing the news.

on the surface DC is conservative. But these folks are quite colorful. It's quiet as kept, because I've been to more than a few events where TMZ would love to get a story - LOL.

But this groups is Potomac, MD social climbers and new money (old money, like NYC, wouldn't come close to being on these shows) so they are just ITCHING to be on a reality show.

I agree, not enough diversity. But, that's Bravo for you

Agree. I wish they would mix it up instead of having all Black and all White. (on ALL of the franchises)

I also heard that they are going to bring back the RHWoDC with a new cast.

Last edited:
Reactions: lulilu
But why does this cast need to be mixed up? OC,BH,NY,NJ are all white????

And 90% of us have said for years, that is stupid. Especially NYC, NJ and BH. There are plenty of minorities with money in NYC, NJ and BH. Most of us, find it hard to believe there are no minorities that want to be on a reality show in NYC, NJ or BH. Most people with money crave the limelight. It's something they can't buy...

ATL is considered to be "black Hollywood", so I get why they never replaced Kim with another white woman. I know nothing about the OC, so not sure if minorities live there or if any of them want to be on reality tv.

But why does this cast need to be mixed up? OC,BH,NY,NJ are all white????

I don't think it 'needs' to be mixed up per say. But when you think about it, Potomac, MD is more white than black, so it would make sense to have actually more white women and a few blacks.

But, Bravo likes to see the fights and well, ATL gives fights. So I guess Bravo wants to see if they can get the same from this group of black women (well Katie thinks shes's white... so yeah...).

However, these groups of women on these shows are somewhat an extension of real life. there are some white people that do not have any black friends and vice-versa. I mean they are neighbors, co workers and such in passing, but not friends.

Agree. I wish they would mix it up instead of having all Black and all White.

I also heard that they are going to bring back the RHWoDC with a new cast.

the cast they had was fine, minus the Gate Crashers. All of the women, except Katherine are divorced. Bravo should have been taping a long while back with these ladies - good TV.

Stacie's husband was all kinds of fradulent. LOL

I saw Mary a few weeks ago, looking LIT! Glass of wine and all. Mary I see in Georgetown, she's so tiny.

Katherine is remarried and had a baby.

the cast they had was fine, minus the Gate Crashers. All of the women, except Katherine are divorced. Bravo should have been taping a long while back with these ladies - good TV.

Stacie's husband was all kinds of fradulent. LOL

I saw Mary a few weeks ago, looking LIT! Glass of wine and all. Mary I see in Georgetown, she's so tiny.

Katherine is remarried and had a baby.

I really liked DC. I know Tarq and whats her name kind of took over the season but the others I liked.

What kind of fraud was Stacies husband involved in?

I don't think it 'needs' to be mixed up per say. But when you think about it, Potomac, MD is more white than black, so it would make sense to have actually more white women and a few blacks.

This is the part that confuses me. I hope it's not rude to say but this group seems so unrepresentative of Potomac in any way. I grew up there and was expecting something totally different. Not only were we majority white but we were more specifically majority Jewish. I know it's un-pc to use the term JAP nowadays but that's what we were, a whole bunch of JAPS with a lot of elite international organization families mixed in. Granted things change. :shrugs:

But then again it's pretend reality, not reality. They just put together a group of women who will be entertaining and a strong relation to the actual geographic location is unnecessary.

This is the part that confuses me. I hope it's not rude to say but this group seems so unrepresentative of Potomac in any way. I grew up there and was expecting something totally different. Not only were we majority white but we were more specifically majority Jewish. I know it's un-pc to use the term JAP nowadays but that's what we were, a whole bunch of JAPS with a lot of elite international organization families mixed in. Granted things change. :shrugs:

But then again it's pretend reality, not reality. They just put together a group of women who will be entertaining and a strong relation to the actual geographic location is unnecessary.
You're exactly right, that area is largely Jewish.

Be interesting to see who actually lives in Potomac.