Real Housewives of NEW YORK {RHoNY}

My first husband left in February, 2003. I didn’t start dating (online) for a year. I met my (now) husband the end of March, 2004. My divorce was final in June, and we married in October.

Is that not respectable?

Thank you Bisbee for sharing your story! My husband and I were dating while he was “technically” still married and and as matter of fact his ex wife was also dating her SO. My now DH and I started to date a year after they separated. Like I said before, divorces can be very complicated and go on for years. My husband’s divorce took four years to be finalized. Did he and his ex view themselves as husband and wife during this time? Heck no! Did I see myself as a home wrecker? Umm, certainly not! Did I see us as doing something that was less than respectable? Absolutely NOT!

I always thought there was some question as to whether Dennis was really separated from his wife at the time they started dating. Also, Dennis was married to a friend of Bethenny's and then Bethenny subsequently tried to rewrite history by downplaying the friendship. So in mind there are a lot of questions out there regarding Bethenny's behavior and to be fair, Dennis should share blame too if he had an affair with a friend of his wife's before he was legally separated.
I certainly don't have problem with getting involved with someone once you're separated.

My first husband left in February, 2003. I didn’t start dating (online) for a year. I met my (now) husband the end of March, 2004. My divorce was final in June, and we married in October.

Is that not respectable?
Completely acceptable. I was engaged to be (re)marrie m before I filed for divorce from first husband.. not because the relationships overlapped, but because I just didn't want to deal with ex-husband and his interactions. Leave sleeping dogs... I wouldn't do that same if I divorced again, I was much younger and dynamics we're different. I also was hit with first husband's tax issues by waiting to file, due to the delay. Young ignorance.

Reactions: lulilu
it's usually the people that feel it's acceptable because they were/are in the same situation...

True, because they've experienced the situation. I was separated for five years with no contact with ex husband. I wanted nothing to do with him or situation, hence my delay in filing.
My mom and dad were separated for 35 yrs, never divorced... Both had subsequent SOs. My dad has since passed.

I think it’s acceptable as divorce is so common these days and people generally accept that it takes at least 2 years, by the time they are finalized most people have fully moved on with their lives including having new SOs.

What I did think was odd was that Dennis and his wife both seemed to move on and the wife clearly had a BF she seemed to be dating for quite a bit so when he died and she acted like she just lost her husband, that seemed off to me and how did her boyfriend feel about it?

I think it’s acceptable as divorce is so common these days and people generally accept that it takes at least 2 years, by the time they are finalized most people have fully moved on with their lives including having new SOs.

What I did think was odd was that Dennis and his wife both seemed to move on and the wife clearly had a BF she seemed to be dating for quite a bit so when he died and she acted like she just lost her husband, that seemed off to me and how did her boyfriend feel about it?
Thank you!

it's usually the people that feel it's acceptable because they were/are in the same situation...
Not necessarily... married 20+ years, neither of us are divorced from anyone, and both DH and I have no feelings that separated/non-divorced people shouldn't date while waiting for the case to be finished... people have a right to move on.

Really? I would hate to have to live up to your standards! I had a legal separation for a year prior to dating at all. I had 2 grown children and I was over 50. Not respectable?
That’s the joy of life YOU don’t have to live to my standards. We all have choices on how we choose to live. You choose your and I’ll choose mine. Easy peasy

A question was asked, I answered.

Who was that again that raged at LuLu in the Berkshires for sleeping with married men and called her a slut?

“The problem with you is that women don’t trust you, and they think you have sex with married men and you cheat and you f*ck younger guys"

Reactions: CanuckBagLover