Real estate! How is your market?

The market here is so high!
Highest I've kn own it to be...To give you an example; a single family home went for an average of 274,000 in July of 2005 -- July 2006, that same home averaged for 405,000! I remember back in May, the average rose about $40,000 in less than 2 weeks!
The market has remained pretty high but isn't climbing as fast as this past summer.
Amidst of this all, the BF and I ended up still building a house in this market -- I'll be so happy when we finally move in -- Spring 2007!:yahoo:
When the time comes..I'm gonna have to be a a ban until we furnish a couple of rooms!:roflmfao: (he's happy with sleeping bags & his 70" TV!!)

Vegas has slowed down, it needed too. We don't consider homes an investment, but a place to live. Know too many people now sitting on several "investments" with no one living in them & not able to sell.

Do I even need to mention the crazy San Francisco market? Even when it's in the doldrums it's still ridiculous. In 2004 hubby and I considered purchasing a condo for $495K (3 bed, 2 bath). Now units in the same building are about $675K. I am so aggravated that I couldn't convince him to buy at that time.

We're going to grab what we can in 2007 and hope for the best.

People who work in the industry say that for the very "high end" properties, things have never been better!

However, realtors who work more with lower and increasingly, mid-priced homes are not doing so well.

In other words, the real estate market, at least at this point, is no different from the larger economy!