Real botkier trigger?

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi, I am new to this forum and I am so glad I found a group of people as knowlegeable as you guys.

I just received this Trigger from eBay but I am not completely sure of it's authenticity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6836324830&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

It's a dark navy color (is it maybe 04 collection?), with no custom lining and it doesn't have little side pockets like the 05 line. The hardware is gold/brass. I am sure it's from last season but I just can't find a picture like it online. How do I find Botkier's last season photos? The leather is very supple and soft so I am sure the quality is good. The buyer wrote back and said she doesn't have any documentation but she "doesn't wear or sell fakes".

I am not sure what to do now.

Thank you for all your help.

2. Yeah, I agree... I wish I paid better attention to the photos before I bid. I suppose I could take it to Barney's and compare it with their collection of botkiers. Another thing is, I never noticed how heavy this bag is, it's like toting around a leather jacket on your shoulder....

On botkier's site, it said they only started the company in 2003, I guess this must be a really early model then. I wish there is a site that shows archive photos of designer bags.

3. Hmmm....good idea on the archival photos. I'm almost wondering if we can start one here? Where we can have a sub-section with sections for different designers, and forum folks can post photos of bags that they have or can find. Or, maybe it's too big of a project?