Ready-to-Wear

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
I'm thinking of getting something from the RTW line in the future. However, I want something that can last me a while and not go out of style. Therefore, I'm thinking of coat or jacket.

For those of you who have purchased RTW from Hermes, what are your opinions on it? Do you find the products to be comfy? Comfort is a big key for me.

And while we're on RTW, how are their shoes? I'm tall but I'm very lousy with heels - meaning I don't know how to walk in them. Are their shoes comfy?

koukanamiya said:
I'm thinking of getting something from the RTW line in the future. However, I want something that can last me a while and not go out of style. Therefore, I'm thinking of coat or jacket.

For those of you who have purchased RTW from Hermes, what are your opinions on it? Do you find the products to be comfy? Comfort is a big key for me.

And while we're on RTW, how are their shoes? I'm tall but I'm very lousy with heels - meaning I don't know how to walk in them. Are their shoes comfy?

Kou, I think Hermes fits well for a tall person so you should look fab in their RTW (I think you said you are 5 "8' right?) Hermes is generally not a very good fit, generally, for petite (i.e., short) women...

Kou, it depends. Sometimes I adore it sometimes I hate it. But I always treat myself with the cashmere pieces. I cannot resist cashmere for some reason!! :shame:

Kou, the quality is great, the things I bought I have worn alot, but the comfy part... well that depends on what you pick, some suits are very fitted, and narrow, (which is good if you are tall and thin!) but I am on the short side:cry: so usually I have to have things shortend. I also love the rain coats, and cashmere winter coats:heart: blouses, sweters...(but the pants I would have to cut off at the knee:sad: :Push: to be right for my hight!):lol: KOU,...go try some clothes on!:yes: :rolleyes:

Hermes RTW is very conservative style. I really want to find Hermes RTW that fits into my taste. I love Hermes leather goods and shoes. But I have been wearing Chanel, Dior and Vuitton RTW with Hermes leather goods instead of Hermes RTW...I have to take a close look again their RTW at Hermes...

aspenmartial said:
Hermes RTW is very conservative style. I really want to find Hermes RTW that fits into my taste. I love Hermes leather goods and shoes. But I have been wearing Chanel, Dior and Vuitton RTW with Hermes leather goods instead of Hermes RTW...I have to take a close look again their RTW at Hermes...
I agree with you on the conservative part... that is why Hermes brought in JPG, Marighela (sp?),(the previous designer) was getting a little BLAH, :blink: and repetetive, so JPG is GRADUALLY trying to re-awake the fashion line! I am looking forward to a younger/"hipper" line emerging.:cool:

the quality is far beyond everything out there. it is classic with a twist and their leather pieces well i don´t think i have to talk about them.
so if you are looking for a wardrobe staple you´ll definately will find something

Noriko mentioned that their shoes are comfy but the heels are amazonian height... as for coats, maybe try either Chanel or Burberry for their RTW - very comfortable & chic!

I've always loved the classic "H" flats/slides (in gold) but don't own any yet. I can't do those sky-high heels, either but they are beautiful to look at.
I think I NEED a simple black H cashmere sweater. :whistle: :whistle: Does the cashmere ever pill up? This annoys me to death.

I wear a lot of cashmere (seems I'm always cold) and I've noticed that my better quality pieces don't pill. Anyone else find this to be true?

Greentea....YES, you DO need a basic black H sweater. You'll wear it for the rest of your life! Although I REALLY think you need one turtleneck with a slight fit at the waist and one crew neck. Then you need one in your fav color and one camel color. And then a chocolate SHAWL!:yes:

shopmom411 said:
I wear a lot of cashmere (seems I'm always cold) and I've noticed that my better quality pieces don't pill. Anyone else find this to be true?
Yes, kind of, it still pills, but much less, and when you have it "shaved":lol: , the cashmere looks new, not worn out.

I've never bought anything from Hermes RTW. Prefer dior, blackjack, DKNY, YSL, etc. To think of it, i've no favorite clothes designers. Just buy which one is the prettiest per season.

Shoes: Flip-flops or Nike. Comfy always. :cool: