Ready for a reveal of a true classic??

Thank you, girls! The colour is just right, or perfect in my opinion, and the leather is really yummy. It's from 2005, but it can't have been used much. It's not a mark inside, no rain marks, no marks at all underneath. But think it has been used a few times, because there is a slight patina on the pocket that's been under the arm so to speak.

Some pics outside. The last comes up more red than it is.

Attachments

• Oak Roxy 028_re.jpg
    Oak Roxy 028_re.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Oak Roxy 030_re.jpg
    Oak Roxy 030_re.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Oak Roxy 035_re.jpg
    Oak Roxy 035_re.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Oak Roxy 044_re.jpg
    Oak Roxy 044_re.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 47
Just in and wonderful to catch a Sat night reveal! Congratulations Lillemy!

I have just settled down with my new to me Oak Darwin Roxy to have a buff and polish. I'm still trying to bond with her. I wonder if this thread will help me focus too.

Was it INSTANT love?:biggrin::biggrin:

I think I do love her, Cmaec. The reason I say think, is that she's much softer than I thought she would be. Hence, she doesn't hold her shape very well if not filled. I knew the leather would be soft on this, but was unsure how it would look on this style. My olive roxy has less rough leather and holds her shape better. But she is stuffed all the time when not in use, and hasn't been used sooo much either, so maybe they all go soft??

Oaky is very comfy on the shoulder, and much less bulky. That I like very much.

Would be happy to hear how your roxys are like after a lot of use. I'll post a pic with both olive and oak together, without any stuffing. except olive has tissue paper in the front pockets (found out afterwards).

oaky collapses totally, while olive holds her shape. olive is much more bulky under the arm too, even without anything inside. In a way I think that's how it should look, but at the same time, I do love the more relaxed look of oak when on the shoulder or in hand. Maybe not so much when not filled to be totally honest...

oh Lil, this is another beauty.

Do you know, you have one of my fave collections on the whole of the Purse Forum - the bags you choose are always bags that I adore.

Congrats, you are so right - its an absolute classic :smile:

Lillemy I have roxy in darwin black and I used her today for the first time in ages. she is fairly slouchly. My choc Nvt roxy is like new and has only been used maybe 6 times and is still quite rigid. The great thing is when they are slouchly they are a little easier to carry on the shoulder.

Just in and wonderful to catch a Sat night reveal! Congratulations Lillemy!

I have just settled down with my new to me Oak Darwin Roxy to have a buff and polish. I'm still trying to bond with her. I wonder if this thread will help me focus too.

Was it INSTANT love?:biggrin::biggrin:

Oak roxys are so lovely Corries, and your is such a good exemplar too with the longer straps and all, so really hope you will bond with her!

I LOVE the colour and the graining on mine, but feel I have to use it a little before I know if I truly love this slouchy version. The condition is perfect, so very pleased with that. But after the first inspection, the thought that I might have to add another later, an extra or spare stiffer oak roxy, did cross my mind... I was thinking I have to test this out, and then see.

But, today after the rain stopped, I put some polish on some parts that I thought might be a little dry after my collonil drench.. put on two liberal coatings (1,5 bottle with collonil..), buffed lightly, put all my things in it including a little cardigan - and out she came! And she looked fab!!

my nvt oak roxy is stiff (maybe because she came brand new and i only used her once), i'd like her to be more slouchy really! She is way too boxy now IMO. Yours must have looked stunning!!