Re-tip Hairstylish?

jello_1955

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
California
Got my haircut about a week ago. Have used her three times now- my bangs just won't sit right and I'm going to see her today to fix them. I think they are just a bit heavy.

I've never done this before-- I did tip 20% the last time I went. Am I obligated to tip her again? If so, how much? I assume she isn't going to charge me for this visit. I didn't speak to her directly when I made the re-appointment.

If I have my stylist trim my bangs, or fix something that she had done... I generally tip her a few bucks afterwards. I usually tip 25% to begin with, and $2-5.00 depending on what she's doing for me if I go back to her to fix something. But, this is totally optional and up to you.

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I go to one that gives 15% off if you walk in before a certain time (I go at that time because it's convenient, and I hate making an appointment) so I give 20-25%. You get whichever stylist is available and they are all good - they are always surprised at the tip because I guess they assume anyone walking in at that time is doing it to save money and won't tip.

They actually have little signs at the stations that say if you aren't happy within a week to come back to have it fixed for free. I've never had a problem, but if I did I'd figure my time and effort to get their mistake fixed was worth as much as their time and effort to fix it, so I probably wouldn't tip - then again I sometimes struggle for a month to find the time to get a haircut, so I'm biased on the time issue!

jello_1955

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
California
Actually she was very apologetic and said she knew exactly what I meant, i.e., it needed to be blended more. It took her 5 minutes to fix and then waved me off with a hug. So I left without getting charged anything extra and didn't tip.