Re-soling Tory flats?

taraox

Feb 5, 2012
I have a pair of Tory flats with a leather sole. I usually lean towards rubber soled shoes out of preference, but I don't think I realized they were leather when I bought them. The actual shoe part is in mint condition, it's just the soles that are on their way out. I was wondering, is it possible to have the leather sole taken off and replaced with a rubber one? Or a rubber one glued on over the leather? I could probably just buy another pair, but at this point considering how they've worn out with such minimal use, I don't really want to buy another pair of Tory's..

phdgal

Apr 17, 2010
I would get it resole if you still love wearing it. I have several of my shoes resoled and depending on the grade/thickness of the rubber it ranges from $20-50. Make sure that you get the high quality ones as they last longer and provides better traction. My cobbler would clean and prepare the bottoms before gluing the new ones on. He sometimes repaint the edges to match.

Last edited:

taraox

Feb 5, 2012
Thank you! I don't really get the point of leather soles in the first place (slipping hazard anyone?) plus they seem to wear down really fast (even though I barely walk anywhere in them), but I'm glad they can be replaced! They're my fave pair and I don't think they sell them anymore, so I'd be happy to get some more use out of them :smile: