RE: Has this happened to anyone before?

restless57

Truly Blessed!
O.G.
Jul 22, 2007
Ok, I hope some of the more experienced Sellers can give me a little insight as to what is going on.

I sold a LV bag on the 13th. Buyer paid on Sunday the 15th. I sent the bag on Monday the 16th, Priority Mail, insured with signature confirmation.

Buyer received two notices of postal carrier's attempt to deliver. (bag will be returned back to me after 15 days if the bag is not picked up)

I receive an Ebay msg from Buyer requesting feedback. I msg back asking if they picked up the handbag. ( I want to be sure all is well)

The reply? "I don't know" (wtf?????????) Not knowing who I am dealing with (the name on the Ebay/Paypal account is that of an asian male)
I figure maybe English isn't their first language, so I explain that they need to pick up the bag or it will be returned back to me.

Tonight, I noticed in this person's feedback a purchase for the same identical bag that sold for $60 more than my bag. (purchase made with a BIN several days after my bag sold)

Now, my question is, is the buyer looking to have this bag returned by not picking it up on purpose so as to wiggle out of the sale with me?

If this appears to be the case, will Ebay credit me the FVF's?

I am just so tired with what's going on with Evilbay that I'm throwing in the towel - I have had it.

I appreciate anyone's insight if they can confirm what's going on.

Last edited:
I don't think there's much you can do here OP but wait and hope that your buyer picks up the package at their PO. Did you use a security tag? I wouldn't worry just yet until the buyer picks up the package. If the package gets shipped back to you, and they claim INR, you have the DC to confirm that they refused to pick it up. If you can't add it to the claim, you can always call PP. I think something like this happened to a tpfer but I don't recall.

Thanks miz. Yes, I included a security tag on the handle of the handbag. Just when you think you have covered all the bases, you come across a new one.

I plan on calling Ebay in the morning to apprise them of the situation. I'm concerned that even if the Buyer picks up the package, they may then turn around and claim that its fake in order to receive a refund. (my listing stated no returns)

This has happened to me twice
The first time with sneakers and the second with an lv pouch
The first time I called eBay and asked them about it and they advised me to return money less shipping fees and message the buyer. They credited my account for fvf on the phone
The 2nd time I just returned the money minus shipping fees and sent a cancel transaction request. The buyer never responded and my account was credited after 7 days since they didn't respond to the request.

I would call eBay so they can credit your account. Just explain the situation and they should be able to credit your account

Good luck!

This has happened to me twice
The first time with sneakers and the second with an lv pouch
The first time I called eBay and asked them about it and they advised me to return money less shipping fees and message the buyer. They credited my account for fvf on the phone
The 2nd time I just returned the money minus shipping fees and sent a cancel transaction request. The buyer never responded and my account was credited after 7 days since they didn't respond to the request.

I would call eBay so they can credit your account. Just explain the situation and they should be able to credit your account

Good luck!

Thanks yakusoku. I just got off the phone with Ebay and explained the situation. I was told that if the bag is sent back to me and the Buyer files an INR claim, the decision will in all likelihood be determined in my favor.

Tracking will prove that the Buyer was at fault for not picking up the bag. The customer service rep also notated my account with my concerns so that if what I suspect does happen - at least there is documentation as to what is going on.

On the other hand, if the Buyer does pick up the package and then files a SNAD on me, it will be their burden to prove authenticity issues etc..

I was going to contact the Buyer and let him know of my concerns but then decided to let this one ride itself out. By my calculation, the package is due to return to me on 12/4. We'll see what happens - I'll keep everyone apprised of the ongoing situation.

UPDATE:

I realized that I had made an error in the description of the transaction that took place.

As it turns out, the second duplicate handbag that my Buyer purchased with a BIN was made days BEFORE my purchase and not after. I had picked up the dates of payments instead of the dates that the bags were sold. Apparently, my Buyer waited several days to pay me whereas he/she paid instantly on the other bag. (I confirmed that with the Seller of the duplicate bag)

Now I ask you, if the Buyer had already purchased and paid for the bag that they wanted, what is the purpose of buying an identical second bag days later?

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but I believe the Buyer may have been looking to scam me by possibly claiming that they didn't receive the bag and file an INR claim and receive a full refund. This in effect would give them a second bag that they could sell on Ebay and recoup their funds on the first purchase. All this was thwarted when I paid for a signature confirmation. And now my bag sits at the PO for its inevitable return back to me.

Opinions anyone?

I agree, OP! It does sound like she was trying to do "something" (probably a scam, but I don't want to start accusing without knowing for sure!). It is just too weird that someone buys two identical bags...
I am glad your bag will make its way safely back to you!:smile:

Thanks Marie.

You're right. It's lousy to have to think so little of people. There have been such horror stories regarding Ebay of lates, I was really hoping I would have been left unscathed. I guess time will tell.

How could they file INR if they have it? I don't see how they could scam you in that way...The postal service will change the status saying that the buyer picked it up and they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Now, I'm not saying that they aren't trying to scam you, but I don't think thats how.

Is it possible they could have bought two, one to use to repair the other? I'm not really sure if that's something LV would handle w/o questions.

^ I believe what the Buyer was attempting to do was claim they haven't received my bag but was thwarted when a signature confirmation was requested. Otherwise, why is the package still at the PO and the Buyer refuses to pick it up?

My bag was purchased second, days after Buyer bought and paid for the same identical bag. The second bag was in a nicer condition than my bag and showed better in the photos. I believe there was a shaper inside that bag and could be why it looked nicer in the photos. Furthermore, my bag had a lock but was missing it's key. The first bag was complete and came with a LV box and care cards. So, it doesn't make sense that my bag would have been used to repair the first bag.

My ad clearly stated that there were no returns/all sales final. Had the Buyer purchased my bag first and saw a nicer bag later, perhaps it would explain a reluctance to return my bag to me due to terms of my listing and just let the bag return on its own by never accepting a delivery. However, since my bag was purchased days later than the first bag then it's no longer a case of Buyer's remorse.

My only conclusion is that the Buyer saw a way to have both bags, claim they didn't receive one and then file an INR claim. Having a signature confirmation thwarted that and the only recourse Buyer has is to refuse delivery. Either way, they win and weasel out of a legitimate sale.

wouldn't anyone that's ever purchased anything big on ebay know that the signature was required? I don't know. I think the buyer may be confused/lost in translation. I wouldn't worry too much at this point...I don't think that its a definite that they were trying to scam, perhaps they were buying presents for two different people?