Home & Garden Re-Decorating My Bedroom - Follow My Journey

Gremlin

Oct 25, 2012
Hey guys :smile:

So I've decided to re-do my bedroom. I thought it would be fun if I shared and we can all chat about colours and furniture and all of that fun stuff.

Here are some 'before' pictures.

photo_37.jpg

photo_38.jpg

photo_39.jpg

Sorry for the mess and terrible lighting. As you can see it's a really small room and I have a mishmash of second hand and inherited crap. I will be getting rid of everything and starting fresh. The only thing I will keep is that lamp as it's an antique and has been handed through the family.

The wall that I don't show (opposite side of the window) has a built in closet, in case you're wondering.

This is the furniture I am thinking of getting. It will be a tight squeeze but it should be okay.

Screen_Shot_2012_12_30_at_8_07_22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2012_12_30_at_8_07_46_PM.png

I am thinking a theme of mostly white with silver details so that I can rotate accent colours (such as bedding) as I please.

I am on somewhat of a budget but I am not afraid to spend if I can find a really nice item that I think is worth it.

What do you think?
Any advice for decorating small rooms?

Love the furniture you are thinking of getting....so clean looking!

I agree with keeping the big things fairly neutral then you can switch things up relatively cheaply with throws, rugs and pillows etc if you feel like a change of mood!

Look forward to following along.

Thank you for your lovely feedback and compliments everyone :biggrin:

A bit of an update - I've done some measuring and realised that I am going to have a bit of trouble fitting all of that furniture in with the rooms current layout (which I had really wanted to keep) however, I can fit it in if I move the bed to the opposite wall that it's on now. It's not ideal but really it's fine and I will get over it. I'd rather get the furniture and change the layout than keep the layout and have to find something else for a desk.

I am thinking of getting a wall decal for the wall above the bed like this one with the birds. I really want this particular one but Urban Outfitters does not ship it internationally.
LINK

Screen_Shot_2012_12_31_at_10_20_24_AM.png

I suppose I could always use parcel forwarding if I get desperate.

Last edited:
Spoke to my mum last night and got the go-ahead to put decals on the walls. Now it's just a matter of beginning to purchase stuff.

I think I'll start off with the smaller stuff first and then worry about the furniture when we can find the time to pick it up. (Will be at least a 2 hour drive).

At the moment the theme is a mixture of white minimalist-modern mixed with vintage and teal/turquoise as an accent colour. I am also incorporating 'forest friend' type animals such as deers, squirrels, bunnies, etc.

I really like this duvet cover.

184084703490570831_Xkup_Fct_A_c.jpg

And this one too. I will probably end up getting both eventually.

img62o.jpg

I think I will get the black version of this deer wall decal thingamy.

184084703490570912_r8l_LXrv_O_c.jpg

Hi. I brought my DD the teal/white comforter from Pottery Barn that you have shown here.

We are in the process of painting the room. We painted an accent wall the teal color and the other walls a soft white. She has a white bed that will be placed with the head board against the teal wall. I will try to post a pic.

Thank you. I have to do the ceiling tiles. Then we can start moving furniture in. I am looking forward to pictures of your progress and I will share some as we move along.

Yes! It's so cool to be able to share with someone who is doing the same colour scheme.

I am just waiting for some money to transfer from my bank to my PayPal account and then I'll be able to start buying stuff such as bedding online. Will keep you posted.

Hey guys :smile:

So I've decided to re-do my bedroom. I thought it would be fun if I shared and we can all chat about colours and furniture and all of that fun stuff.

Here are some 'before' pictures.

photo_37.jpg

photo_38.jpg

photo_39.jpg

Sorry for the mess and terrible lighting. As you can see it's a really small room and I have a mishmash of second hand and inherited crap. I will be getting rid of everything and starting fresh. The only thing I will keep is that lamp as it's an antique and has been handed through the family.

The wall that I don't show (opposite side of the window) has a built in closet, in case you're wondering.

This is the furniture I am thinking of getting. It will be a tight squeeze but it should be okay.

Screen_Shot_2012_12_30_at_8_07_22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2012_12_30_at_8_07_46_PM.png

I am thinking a theme of mostly white with silver details so that I can rotate accent colours (such as bedding) as I please.

I am on somewhat of a budget but I am not afraid to spend if I can find a really nice item that I think is worth it.

What do you think?
Any advice for decorating small rooms?
nice room... you realy have done well.....