Food Raw ramen.. Hmm..

monokuro

O.G.
Aug 4, 2007
I haven't eaten raw ramen in years.. but I always wondered.. is it bad for you? Or even.. "healthier" than eating it cooked? (no idea! xD)

Also how many of you other fellow tPF`er eat your ramen raw.. and do you also use the soupbase to season it? Like.. you break the noodles into small pieces and then sprinkle the soup onto it and then shakeshakeshake to distribute evenly? xD!

TIA~ :biggrin:

No, it's not healthier raw-- all you do to cook it is boil it in water :shrugs:

I like them raw (unseasoned) right out of the package or crunched up on salad. I also like them cooked normally or with veggies, meat or egg. You can pretty much throw anything in there and it's delicious!

They're not good for you, but they're not that bad... If you eat the whole package with seasoning it has 380 calories: 2 servings of fat, 3 servings of carbs, 1 serving of protein and almost your whole daily allowance of salt. Healthwise, the salt is the worst part...

I used to eat it raw. The same way you do it, smash it up and pour the seasoning in...shake it up! I havent eaten it like that since high school though, and honestly, dont have the desire to eat it any time soon lol.

It's a really popular snack for kids in Asia! They come in little chip-like packages with seasoning all over it. You can try breaking it up and sprinkling whatever you want on it.

Not that good for you though.