Ravished Roxy

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
I have finally received my rather well loved Roxanne in OAk Darwin......was worried that she may be beyond redemption, and really awful....

...but i am delighted! :yahoo:

She is a gorgeous colour and really soft and saggy....

There are biro marks on her - one on the outside under the main central flap/strap, and more on the internal side of the top flaps....I tired to attach pics but cannot even upload one into my album....will keep trying!

I am really chuffed tho. I can fully understand those of us who like brand new bags - and i do too for the most part but i got it into my head that i wanted a Roxy that had been worn in....and so am chufffed....

(hoovering her insides with the nozzle attachment was a great idea klp - she is as good as new inside now.)

Last edited:
That's great news poppy, I'm so glad you're so pleased with her!:yahoo: What a fab start to the Bank Holiday weekend! Can't wait to see the pics!:biggrin:

Btw - is that a Westie in your avatar? If so, then we are dog twins!:nuts:

Ooh - I adore westies!! Ours is our second, and she is a bit of a dud as her ears did not go up properly but she has the most divine nature! That was not posed, that picture - she just cuddled up with my DD's cuddly rabbits on the end of the bed and i could not resist a pic!

Any pics of yours?

Ooh - I adore westies!! Ours is our second, and she is a bit of a dud as her ears did not go up properly but she has the most divine nature! That was not posed, that picture - she just cuddled up with my DD's cuddly rabbits on the end of the bed and i could not resist a pic!

Any pics of yours?

Ours is our second as well, but he's nearly 13 and I'm broody for a puppy so I'm currently in negotiations regarding a third! It's falling on deaf ears at the moment though unfortunately, as DH is really not keen. My first one died at four and a half and it was terribly traumatic, so I'm absolutely dreading anything happening to Henry.

My friend has one whose ears didn't go up properly - when she got her, the breeder told her to put sticking plaster round them to make them stand up!!! And my friend did try it!!!:nuts: Needless to say, it didn't work. Will dig out a pic of my boy for you anyway. What's yours called? And how old?

Oh that sounds like a very familiar story! Our first, Maisie died at 7 of cancer of the urethra...we had her put down before the bitter end but the physical pain iof losing her was unbelieveable! I went out the very next day and found Ruby - and i knew she was not going to win Crufts but was desperate for another to fill that gap....she is even better than Maisie, and is now 3. I LOVE the name Henry - if I had had a son he would have been called Henry for his middle name.

I have to say tho that it was tough when Ruby was a pup - every day for 5 weeks i swore she was going back - i think it was part grief, wanting her to be Maisie...and my DH did not bond with her at all - he juts wanted Maisie back...

As a child we had dogs and we always got another before the old one died....I thik it is a good idea - becasue that total empty space when your dog is gone is just torture!

A lot of people on here are cat lovers - it is great to find a dog lover!

Ali - many thanks - I don't know why it will not upload my pics - it has done before...will keep trying.

OK here goes - trying to upload from photobucket:

010.jpg

Oh I do know exactly what you mean - I got Henry at 8 weeks old about 3 months after Toby died (would have got one sooner but we had a holiday booked in the interim and didn't think it would be fair to leave a puppy so soon) but for absolutely ages I really resented Henry because he wasn't Toby, and I just kept on looking at him and thinking he wouldn't be there if Toby was still alive! Totally irrational I know. I also think I was frightened to bond with him as it is just too painful when you lose them - you are so right about that total empty space! I used to pull into the drive and sit in the car crying my eyes out cos I couldn't bear to go in the house and not see that little face and that tail wagging. Gosh I'm filling up just typing this, and it was nearly 13 years ago! Lets get back to talking about your lovely new Roxy!!!! (now that would be a fab name for a Westie....:thinking:)

I am filling up reading it! My friends without dogs were great - for a day - but unless you have been there it is very difficult to know what it feels like.

Love the name Roxy for a dog....maybe can persuade husb to get another one and call it Roxy - goes well with Ruby......

Thanks MF! wasn't sure if you would all like it but i love her - I love the beaten-up-ness of her.....every scratch and mark!

:nuts:

No, I definitely think Roxys look better that way, they tend to look a bit boxy when they're new. I would love one - could never see what all the fuss was about but I saw a woman with a fab well-loved one very similar to yours earlier in the summer and suddenly it clicked! But I just don't think they're me. At least, not this week anyway!!!!:nuts:

Thanx Hula, and MF - it was seeing someone with a well loved black one that finally made me see the Roxanne light! I always thought they weren't me either but with jeans and my off duty clothes i think she will be grand.

But that really is it for me for now!