Rave- LV customer service

mary333

O.G.
Mar 27, 2011
I am continually amazed at Louis Vuitton’s customer service and I wanted to share this story. My friend bought a Pochette Métis four years ago and carried it and enjoyed it. She was gentle with it and it looked great. She was thinking of selling it though, as a few of her friends had bought the same bag and she wanted to carry something a bit more unique. She asked for my help in selling it.

I was interested in buying it from her more than helping her sell it! I love the bag and I know they’re very hard to come by. I was looking at it and realized some of the glazing had come undone and there were two cracks in the canvas, one on each side where the bag closes and the canvas is folded. (I know pictures are the best at explaining, I apologize that I didn’t take any.) I told her we should bring it by the LV store and see what they said about a repair for the glazing. I know the cracked canvas is not repairable.

We brought it into the store and showed it to a SA. She looked it over, took her time with it, and when she was done she asked if my friend would like a credit to the store for the amount she paid for it four years ago, I believe it was $1700. We were shocked! My friend said she would love a credit and she put it towards the black leather pochette Métis. We were so happy, I think myself even more than my friend, as I’m much more into my bags than she is. My friend told me if the bag couldn’t be repaired she was just going to give it to me, which would also have been a nice outcome! The SA told us the bags are handmade and problems do arise because of that. I didn’t comment on that but this always comes up on TPF, they’re not handmade are they?

I’m sorry for all the people who have problems with customer service, I must admit I had a nervous stomach walking in and it wasn’t even my bag. I hate complaining but we were very nice about it and luckily had a great outcome. This story is why I am happy purchasing bags and such from LV, I love their customer service.

Thanks for reading!

Melfontana

Feb 13, 2012
I am continually amazed at Louis Vuitton’s customer service and I wanted to share this story. My friend bought a Pochette Métis four years ago and carried it and enjoyed it. She was gentle with it and it looked great. She was thinking of selling it though, as a few of her friends had bought the same bag and she wanted to carry something a bit more unique. She asked for my help in selling it.

I was interested in buying it from her more than helping her sell it! I love the bag and I know they’re very hard to come by. I was looking at it and realized some of the glazing had come undone and there were two cracks in the canvas, one on each side where the bag closes and the canvas is folded. (I know pictures are the best at explaining, I apologize that I didn’t take any.) I told her we should bring it by the LV store and see what they said about a repair for the glazing. I know the cracked canvas is not repairable.

We brought it into the store and showed it to a SA. She looked it over, took her time with it, and when she was done she asked if my friend would like a credit to the store for the amount she paid for it four years ago, I believe it was $1700. We were shocked! My friend said she would love a credit and she put it towards the black leather pochette Métis. We were so happy, I think myself even more than my friend, as I’m much more into my bags than she is. My friend told me if the bag couldn’t be repaired she was just going to give it to me, which would also have been a nice outcome! The SA told us the bags are handmade and problems do arise because of that. I didn’t comment on that but this always comes up on TPF, they’re not handmade are they?

I’m sorry for all the people who have problems with customer service, I must admit I had a nervous stomach walking in and it wasn’t even my bag. I hate complaining but we were very nice about it and luckily had a great outcome. This story is why I am happy purchasing bags and such from LV, I love their customer service.

Thanks for reading!

I had a similar experience with an awesome outcome too. [emoji4] Thanks for sharing your experience! I too am amazed with LV’s customer service my bag was purchased in 2015 and they let me exchange for what I paid plus the tax!
The SA was great and made the whole transaction very easy - I looked at multiple bags and walked out with not one but two [emoji2] and added the difference of $152.08

Selirosa

Jan 3, 2019
Me too. I was happy that the client service contacted me a while ago offering to exchange one of my bags that was purchased over 3 years ago even I had no problem with the glazing problem. I end up switching my old Pallas bb to a Blanche bb.

Reactions: mary333

AJMICK

O.G.
Jun 12, 2009
I just received a call from LV customer service offering to replace items I purchase 4-5 years ago because of a known quality issue. I’m a little stunned and rushed here to see if anyone else has received this call. Next I’ll reach out to my SA.

idlehen

Nov 3, 2017
I didn’t comment on that but this always comes up on TPF, they’re not handmade are they?
"Handmade" is a rather vague term. The patterns for the bags are probably machine cut using a computer and then stitched together "by hand" using a sewing machine. One could also say that every article of clothing you bought that was made in a sweatshop factory in some 3rd world country is "handmade" as well.

In a sense the SA's are correct - there could be a problem because they are handmade and so can suffer from human error. The person doing the glazing may not have coated it well enough. The person assembling the pieces may not have lined up the pieces correctly when sewing and now the shape of the bag is "off". But I think the PM's issues are more due to the design and not because of how it was assembled.

But thank you for the story, it's nice to hear the good story in the mass of bad ones.

Reactions: mary333