Rather sad. The end of my keyring debacle

ClaireL

Dec 3, 2008
Well, girls, some of you may recall my keyring drama. The only thing I bought initially from the rather disappointing sale (Grrr, what I would't give to have an American address and first dibs) was the silver horse keyring. It arrived and I liked it a lot and clipped it to my green mini Poppy. Taking it off to see how it would look on another bag, it fell apart in my hands causing a fair bit of angst as it was 11 days old.
I shipped it off back to Somerset and have had a long and drawn out series of emails with their CS rep, Hanne. Hanne, by the way, is very good to deal with.
Anyway, it has all come to an end with a refund (and apparently the refund for return postage is pending). I must say I'm disappointed with a refund. Seeing as it ``pinged'' apart and I had all the pieces, I figured they'd be able to pretty much put it back together. But no. Quite upset and mourning the loss of my pretty little horse and my now permanently bereft Poppy.

Oh Claire, how upsetting for you, it must have left you feeling really deflated, I would hate that. Hope you find a replacement friend for poor lonely Poppy soon. It is the postage that is such a problem for you isn't it, so hard to get a good bargain when you have to fork out so much to get it half way across the world. Good luck with the hunt.

Sorry to hear about that, must be so annoying/frustrating. Check out the outlets and see what keyrings they have there, I am sure you will find something to cheer you up and hopefully fill the void for Poppy :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about that, must be so annoying/frustrating. Check out the outlets and see what keyrings they have there, I am sure you will find something to cheer you up and hopefully fill the void for Poppy :biggrin:

Claire is in Australia Steffy, so can't use outlets unfortunately!
Love your Avatar btw, can't wait for the next installment, Twilight is one of the best films I have seen for ages!

Oopsies, sorry Claire. Perhaps you can find some on evilbay that might take your fancy?

Mrs V - I cannot wait to see NM, have you checked out the clips that were released at Comic Con this month?

Oopsies, sorry Claire. Perhaps you can find some on evilbay that might take your fancy?

Mrs V - I cannot wait to see NM, have you checked out the clips that were released at Comic Con this month?

Have seen a couple of clips, and am getting v excited, my daughter introduced me to it! Will have a look at comic con, thanks Steffy!

Thanks for the sympathy, everyone. It does make me feel a bit better. It is, as Mrs V says, a rather deflating experience as I had wanted the horse so much. Never mind, perhaps there will be something nice in the Christmas sales and yes, I will keep an eye on Evilbay.

Hi Claire,
I know how it feels to have to return something you really wanted. I had to return my mabel keyring as it was damaged when received. I was going to get a refund but I just couldn't do it! I ended up purchasing a black zip purse wallet and the bayswater pouch in chocolate!! Argh quite an expensive "exchange" but I was happy. I am sorry about your keyring but again maybe at the Christmas sale you will find something you love even more. There seems to be alot of keyrings on evilbay so just keep our eye out too!

Oh that's a shame, Claire. I would have thought they could repair it, but obviously not. If someone could get you one from the outlets would you still want one? I wouldn't mind tracking one down for you but I'd hate for you to receive it, use it for a week and have it fall apart again.

Hello Klp,

If it were possible to get another silver horse I would jump at the chance. If it were you, or another TPFer, I'd suggest you set up a Buy it now on Evilbay just for me. That would be ideal. Do you suppose some will wind up in outlets?

I'm so sorry about your horse key ring,Claire. I hope you can find a similar one in ebay/outlets. If you can't, maybe wait until you can see something that you like in the Christmas sale. The only good thing is, at least they refunded your postage too.