Rasta Ombre vs. Lipstick Saddle Esquivel

WinterStorm

Apr 13, 2008
Hi Ladies!

I posted a while back about looking for a conservative L.A.M.B. bag, then decided "the heck with it" and determined to buy the Rasta Ombre Esquivel. I went to Off Saks today armed with a 30% off coupon and every intention of walking away with my chosen bag.

However, after inspecting every Rasta Ombre Eqsuivel in stock (bless the SA for her patience), I noticed that all had numerous spots where the color had rubbed off, exposing white underneath.

Next, I looked at the Rasta Ombre Mandeville, which was approximately $40 cheaper (with the coupon) AND didn't seem to have this problem, but it just didn't give me goosebumps. So, I went with the only other Esquivel in stock, the Lipstick Saddle (same price as the Rasta Ombre Esquivel).

After coming home and inspecting the Lipstick Saddle Esquivel, I love it too! It's in pefect condition, very "grown and sexy" AND matches this super stylish, cream colored, high collared jacket I bought today too.

Although the Rasta Ombre Esquivel is approximately 50% off original retail (with the coupon), I think it's somewhat on the expensive side to show signs of wear and tear while still locked up on display. But I've been looking at/longing for the Rasta Ombre Esquivel for a while and wonder if these imperfections are "normal" and I'll have regrets if I don't get it.

My mother has the Rasta Ombre Kingston, so if I really want/need to carry that print, she's offered to let me borrow hers.

Sorry for the long post but any thoughts?

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
Boringsville, USA
I think that the bags are treated roughly during shipment and that's why they are so hit or miss. Some of the Rasta bags at my Off are perfect and others are WTF?? Just depends on how they are treated. My Rasta Mandy was in perfect condition after 4 months of use by me and in less than two weeks my friend that I sold her to (I upgraded to a Montego LOL) did DAMAGE. If you are good to the Rasta she will be good to you. LOL. But LS is very nice too and more sophisticated so I don't think you will regret it!

WinterStorm

Apr 13, 2008
Excuse the "pefect condition" in my initial post. That's what happens when I'm tired and too lazy to proofread. :tdown:

indi3r4

foxy lady!
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
rasta print definitely the most delicate print.. it happens a lot with this print so you just have to be carefull with it.. if you really want it, you probably could ask for more additional discount since there are some imperfection to the bag? and then later if you want, you could go art supply stores and get some prisma color? i learned this from the forum.. :yes:

but nevertheless, the lipstick saddle print is just gorgeous! i feel a lil bit more sophisticated everytime i have her with me.. :biggrin:

lmkhlh2006

L.a.m.b. Lover
O.G.
Jun 26, 2007
Congrats on your first LAMB!!! The lipstick saddle print is a favorite amongst us lambies!

WinterStorm

Apr 13, 2008
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Red is one of my favorite colors, so I'm sure I'll love the Lipstick Saddle print. If a Rasta Ombre handbag is meant for me, it'll come. :smile: In the meantime, I've got my eye on the Black & White Checkerboard Montego. :drool:

junebug

is my voodoo workin'
O.G.
Apr 15, 2006
Hon I have the lipstick saddle esquivel too and I just love it. The patent leather is so hot, while the saddle is more reserved but refined. I think it's an awesome combination.

I originally wanted the rasta esquivel too, but I didn't like how exposed the bottom corners were, if that makes any sense....it's only the canvas, as opposed to the mandeville and the montego, which have leather on the bottom. That was what turned me off to the rasta esquivel. I think you made an awesome choice!

WinterStorm

Apr 13, 2008
junebug, I know EXACTLY what you mean about both the Lipstick Saddle and the Rasta Ombre Esquivel.

I took my Lipstick Saddle out of its dust bag a few hours ago just to admire it. Shameful, I know. But it's so darn beautiful. My mother has a Lipstick Saddle Mandeville but was looking at it like she wants an Esquivel too.

As for the Rasta Ombre, that print is simply too fragile not to be covered in leather on the edges and bottom (e.g., the Montego and Kingston). I inspected THREE Rasta Ombre Esquivel's at the store and ALL HAD SCRAPES, even the one the SA pulled from the back. I'm not made of gold so a bag that expensive has to be perfection.

Besides, the more I think about it, I don't want a bag that I'll have to be more careful with than a newborn child. :sweatdrop: