Rapp and Posavek still around?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. A few years a go, I saw bags from Rapp and Posavek on some indie designer sites - www.mightyflirt.com (sadly, closed now) and virginthreads (now called www.starsandinfinitedarkeness.com), loved the design, but grad student me couldn't afford them.

A year and a half ago, something made me do an eBay search, and I found one, a small, hand held dark purple satchel with silver studs on the straps and a suede lining, that I had been eyeing at full price. I got it, love it, carried it all last winter. I've been bitten by the Hayden Harnett bug now, but still really like R&P. However, they seem to be gone - in fact, the eBay auction seemed to be from a closeout or warehouse sale - and I was wondering if anyone had any information on them.

Thanks!

2. Their online shop is still around -- http://www.rappandposavek.com/shop/index.html -- and I saw the Ainsley being sold at Anthropologie a couple seasons ago.

I have 3 R&P bags, and I love them all. In fact, I'm using a white one today. My fav is a fabulous metallic blue that I didn't buy the first time around but miraculously found on eBay.

3. I had the impression that they were discontinuing their line based on the e-mails they sent out some time ago. I have their Elise bag in Antique Gold and it's beautiful to look at, but a little dubious in quality -- one of the rivets came out of the bag very quickly.

[​IMG]

4. Thank you both. I clicked on the website link, and it looks like every bag is listed as sold out, which supports the idea that they have closed up shop. A shame, as they had good design. The tops popped off of two of the studs on my bag, and I had been hoping to send it to them for repair (paying, of course, since I originally purchased on ebay). Ah, well! HH it is!

5. I lucked into a Rapp and Posavek today at a resale store... it's this season's hot Oxblood color and is the handheld clutch with studs that I believe was described above... any idea of value?