Rant: Procrastinating husband -- now my gift is sold out!

screw him make him buy the more expensive ones bcuz he was an ass

i find that when i want something in the way of jewelry, i do ******, put it in my cart say to him i'm saving you x amount
what do you think? show it to him an dthen purchase it with his card.
it makes my life easier and it gets me the gift i want

Well, in the truest attitude he's been showing lately, now I'm the one "dumping" this on him and "having issues with no solutions." Apparently I also need to change my attitude about someone buying me an expensive gift in the first place. And, since I don't have a solution (which I wouldn't have needed if he had listened to me in the first place), apparently now I am also going be giftless. Again, after I busted my a** to get him great xmas and birthday gifts. What a great Christmas. Yes, I'm bitter.

Oh my. That attitude would be completely unacceptable to me. Is this typical for him?

Bad Husband!!! :yucky: Tell him he HAS to buy you the size you originally asked for, even if they may be more expensive. It's only fair since it's HIS fault that the earrings are no longer available at the discounted price.

Well, we had a chat ... our families brought us up very differently. My family always did a lot of gifts, and his did not ... it's hard for us to find a happy medium because of it. We talked about how so many people in the world don't even have enough resources to put food on the table and how lucky we are to be living in the US ... at any rate, he said that I should keep looking and let him know what else we could do ... and then he said that more important than a gift to me is that he always loves me and that means more than anything else in the world ... awwwww....

Maybe you should just pick out a completely different gift that is in the budget (perhaps a purse, lol?) since you will end up disappointed if you have to get the smaller earrings. Save the earrings for your b-day or next year?

Well, in the truest attitude he's been showing lately, now I'm the one "dumping" this on him and "having issues with no solutions." Apparently I also need to change my attitude about someone buying me an expensive gift in the first place. And, since I don't have a solution (which I wouldn't have needed if he had listened to me in the first place), apparently now I am also going be giftless. Again, after I busted my a** to get him great xmas and birthday gifts. What a great Christmas. Yes, I'm bitter.

Whoa! That attitude of his is just not right!! I have a solution for you. Since it sounds like you got him several gifts, just take a few out and return them. I don't think it is right for him to laze out, while you bust your butt for him. Then use that money, and get yourself something nice :yes:.

While I agree that the way he was brought up may effect the way he views present-giving (my DH was the same way, but I set him straight :roflmfao:, so I feel your pain), since he knows how you feel, he should at least make an effort.

Maybe next time, as a last ditch effort, you can do everything up to pressing the "Confirm" button, then get him to come over to your computer and have him press that button. That way, he was kinda involved, and you get your earring (or whatever).

What my DH and I have compromised on is that we get to each pick out a nice gift for ourselves, then give each other thoughtful/fun stocking stuffer gifts.

Stand strong girl!!

Well, we had a chat ... our families brought us up very differently. My family always did a lot of gifts, and his did not ... it's hard for us to find a happy medium because of it. We talked about how so many people in the world don't even have enough resources to put food on the table and how lucky we are to be living in the US ... at any rate, he said that I should keep looking and let him know what else we could do ... and then he said that more important than a gift to me is that he always loves me and that means more than anything else in the world ... awwwww....

There you go..... that the best gift in the world... now if he had gotten the earing he would've been the best husband in the world lol

How about he give you a Visa giftcard of the amount of the earrings you liked? That way you can do anything you want with it! You don't have to search right now, and he doesn't have to buy a gift.

I sort of have this issue with Christmas gifts at least my fiance doesn't spend as much as would be usual in my family. He does gift very extravagent birthday gifts though. Personally I'd return some of the gifts you got him and maybe don't kill yourself next time - I know that I always put in so much effort for the gifts I get him and he just walks into Tiffany's or pays for a trip we were going to go on anyways. Its annoying when you put in more effort than the guy, it seems to be a guy thing.

I think you can just give him a list of what you want and let him work things out. Maybe send him over to pricescope.com to do some diamond research. Also, why not get the more expensive earrings? Is it just over the budget he's comfortable with? I just feel that you shouldn't have to do so much research at this point - I'd be pissed if it was me.

To be honest with you, I get the family thing but not the world issue problem. Sorry to be a bit harsh but that is one excuse that upsets me personally whenever it is used! Ofcourse you are lucky but you should enjoy it and I am sure that world hunger was not the reason he did not buy the earings.

Personally, I have realized that I am going to be buying my own gift forever. I choose AND I pay and then he pays me back. I am not offended because that is the way he is and I accept that even though like you I spend lots of effort to pick his Cristmas and birthday presents.

I am sure you will find a good deal again:heart: :heart:

Well, I think I'm getting the lesser expensive earrings... but that's OK, he said after xmas he's going to send me to my favorite spa for a hot stone full body massage. That works for me! Next year, he said we'll be able to spend more on gifts since we're still working really hard to be debt-free. I can wait another year.

Well, I think I'm getting the lesser expensive earrings... but that's OK, he said after xmas he's going to send me to my favorite spa for a hot stone full body massage. That works for me! Next year, he said we'll be able to spend more on gifts since we're still working really hard to be debt-free. I can wait another year.

The year will be over without realising it! I hope you enjoy your earings and massage and have great holidays:heart:

I agree with this and I'm glad you two worked it out... honestly I would feel very uncomfortable demanding something specific from my husband... or vice versa... to me gifts should come from the heart