Rant: Paypal Customer Service is USELESS!

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
sorry ladies, had to rant about this for a bit . . . .

piggy-emoticon-023.gif

So I received an email this morning from Paypal, indicating that they had put a limitation on my account (of course, they didn't give a reason). They indicated that I should do the following to get the limitation lifted:

Here's what to do:

1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click on the "My Account" tab.
3. Click on the sub-tab "Resolution Center".
4. Go to the "Action" column.
5. Click on the "Resolve" button to view the requirements and follow the instructions provided.

After we have gathered the necessary information, we'll review your account and notify you by email of our decision.

So, I dutifully logged onto Paypal, where I saw this message in the dispute resolution center:

attachment.php

First of all, why does it say there are no cases requiring my action?

Second of all, I love how it asks me to provide proof of delivery or an invoice proving ownership without specifying for WHICH ITEM i need to provide documentation.

Third, I sent an email to customer service asking which item they needed documentation for, and guess what oh-so-helpful response I received:

Thank you for inquiring as to how to restore access to your account.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account and need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited.

To return your account to regular standing, please complete the checklist items indicated when you login to your account and click on the link provided on the "Account Overview" page.

The link will appear as: "Your account access is limited: Click here for Details."

Once you complete all of the checklist items, our Account Review team will review your case and send you an email with the outcome of the review. Cases are reviewed in the order they are received.

We regret any inconvenience, and we would like to restore your access as soon as possible.

Please do not respond to this email, as responses to this message will not be answered.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Team

The checklist, of course, is the list in the screenshot above, which is what I had been inquiring about in the first place. Way to be completely useless, Paypal and eBay!!

Seriously I'm getting really sick of all the stupid hoops these companies are making me jump through. I have 100% positive feedback so I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else has had this many issues with them?!?

I just sent another email to customer service, will post an update with their response.

Attachments

• 105 2009.04.02.jpg
    105 2009.04.02.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 672
This could be a scam.. dont' do anything! I didn't read the whole message though.. let me go back.

EDA: Ok, perhaps it is not a phishing email like I suspected at first. It is no surprise that paypal is of little help..lol!

Last edited:
I always wonder if some person someday is going to confess to making thousands of people miserable when they worked at paypal for fun.

First of all.. you did NOT click any links in this email, correct? You opened a separate window, went to PP website & logged into your account from a secure website that you KNOW is PP...?

IF you did that, did all this info as to limitation still show up?
My point is that if you did link to PP by clicking a link IN the email, then it could be a phishing email and you just gave someone your password.

If you are for sure that this limitation is really on YOUR PP account, CALL them. Their CS via email is useless. Via phone, more efficient.

thanks everyone for the concern, def confirmed it is not a phishing scam, but i will give paypal a call and see if their phone customer service is marginally more helpful than the email version :thinking:

Not a scam, this happens if your account has been unusually busy or if you don't sell much on ebay and then suddenly sell a big ticket item. Phone calls are much faster and better than emails, send the item, talk to a supervisor, scan and upload the airway bill and get them to lift the limitation straightaway over the phone. They can do this by checking on the tracking number and making sure the item is on its way.

I should mention, this is what they do to me as I sell a lot, if you haven't sold much then you'll probably have to wait til the item is delivered and ask your buyer to leave you positive fb.