Rant: Karmaloop

coffeebeene

Oct 29, 2010
So this past Thursday I purchased a leather jacket off of Karmaloop with overnight shipping. I am at school now and leave Tuesday afternoon for Thanksgiving break.

When I opened my package, which came Friday evening, I found a men's sweatshirt, not a women's leather jacket. I immediately called Karmaloop, and after a long wait I finally spoke to someone in customer service. They sent me a shipping label to return the sweatshirt and promised to send out a new jacket. Since I had paid for overnight shipping and the jacket did not arrive the next day I requested a refund for the overnight shipping charge. Karmaloop promised a refund which has not shown up yet on my credit card, although that could just be a delay on my bank's part, so I will not blame Karmaloop for that.

I received the tracking information this evening, and my jacket was sent with UPS ground shipping at 6:49 PM. So after I had paid for overnight shipping and rightfully (in my opinion) requested a refund for overnight shipping after I was sent the wrong item, they are sending me my jacket by UPS ground, despite me explaing to the customer service rep. by both phone and email that I needed the jacket Tuesday at the latest.

Am I overreacting? This is my first experience ordering from Karmaloop, and I am seriously disappointed. If I had known they'd just send me the jacket by ground shipping I would have just canceled the entire order, or had it shipped home instead.

sorry to hear that happened to you
i only ordered once on karmaloop and i didn't have any problems, but i did talk to the N4E1 rep before ordering their jeans from karmaloop to get the sizing right.

I would call CS and let them know how unhappy you are with them, might not get you anywhere but it will make you feel better, I know it would for me

and lets hope they get your order right this time

I would call CS and let them know how unhappy you are with them, might not get you anywhere but it will make you feel better, I know it would for me

and lets hope they get your order right this time

hopefully they will. I am really irritated now, I don't see why they wouldn't have sent it out with overnight shipping, this is taking longer than it would have if I had ordered the product with ground shipping initially and they had gotten it correct the first time. You would think that if a company made a mistake on an order they would move quickly to correct it, not send the item out with shipping that takes longer than the shipping initially purchased!

I would definitely be irritated as well :sad:

My first experience with KL was also my last.. I ordered a pair of boots based on sizing recommendations on the site.. (later read here that they run differently).. anyway I get them and they don't fit. I immediately go to the website and set up an exchange. During the 'exchange' process they have you choose which replacement size you want. The size I wanted was in stock at the time.
I then rushed to the post office and mailed them back. They received the boots, then sent me an email saying, "sorry the size you want is out of stock and we're giving you a store credit"
OK so
1) why do they want customers to choose the exchange size when they don't hold the merchandise? I don't think they should hold forever in case the customer never sends the return back.. but I can see holding for a week or 10 days??! .. I really wanted those boots!

2) store credit? No thanks.
I was able to e-mail and get a refund to my CC but what a hassle. Never again.

Sorry to hijack your KL rant but wanted to share my experience as well...

I would definitely be irritated as well :sad:

My first experience with KL was also my last.. I ordered a pair of boots based on sizing recommendations on the site.. (later read here that they run differently).. anyway I get them and they don't fit. I immediately go to the website and set up an exchange. During the 'exchange' process they have you choose which replacement size you want. The size I wanted was in stock at the time.
I then rushed to the post office and mailed them back. They received the boots, then sent me an email saying, "sorry the size you want is out of stock and we're giving you a store credit"
OK so
1) why do they want customers to choose the exchange size when they don't hold the merchandise? I don't think they should hold forever in case the customer never sends the return back.. but I can see holding for a week or 10 days??! .. I really wanted those boots!

2) store credit? No thanks.
I was able to e-mail and get a refund to my CC but what a hassle. Never again.

Sorry to hijack your KL rant but wanted to share my experience as well...

I'm sorry to hear all of the negative experiences with Karmaloop.

I had the exact same negative experience that finzup had but with a pair of flats. I wasn't able to get a refund but I quickly used the store credit when they had an amazing promotion + *bates c*shback.

I'll never shop there again either.