Rant! I have the worst mailman ever!!!

I totally sympathize with you. In the fall, my husband and I were having some work done in our backyard so we would leave our dogs in the front of the house. Our regular mail woman is the BEST- she loves the dogs and always takes great care of our packages. However, she must have been on vacation because the replacement mail carrier would just throw the mail over the fence, resulting in my puppy chewing up bills, catalogs, and anything else she could get.

We went to the post office to notify the postmaster and requested that if the dogs were in the front of the house, to have the mail just returned and held at the post office and we would come and pick it up. This worked for awhile, and then we started finding chewed up mail and packages again. We complained again and it finally stopped- I think because our regular mail carrier finally returned from vacation and we finished the renovations so the dogs could go back to the yard.

And I thought we had the worst mailman ever! Actually, after reading some of your horror stories, I think we still might, although I do sympathize. We live in the country and we have our mailboxes at the end of our driveways. A lot of the houses can't even be seen from the road and almost nobody ever travels on our road, except for me b/c I walk my dogs along it almost every afternoon.

Almost every day I see him pulled off on somebody's little lane, hidden behind the trees just sitting and having a grand old time....relaxing. Twice I've seen him not even hiding, but sitting in his truck (not a USPS one, but a little white Toyota truck) next to the river. LOL! I wouldn't be surprised to see him fishing off the bridge one of these days. Naturally, our mail arrives late in the day usually b/c all of his breaks take away from delivery time.