RANT! HELP! Defective NF MM Mono

Nikki5

O.G.
Jan 12, 2013
No typo there, apparently the NF Mono also has issues hence the reason why I went with this one in the 1st place.

I am so frustrated and disgusted that its just making me ill, this just doesn't seem right and I want to get TPF opinions.

So here's some background before I get into it: Had a pre-loved NF MM mono that I got a few years back, was my workhouse bag when my kids were toddlers. Gave it to my sissy and decided to buy me a brand new shiny NF MM Mono because I loved it so much.

Ok now to the present: Bought the bag ONE week ago...took it out when I got home. Tried it on with a couple of outfits, cinched it up. Noticed canvas on the bottom was not cohesive on all sides. Like one side bunched up more than the other. Took it back the store next day, same SA that sold me the bag, said oh its normal just bring it back in a few weeks if its not relaxed.

Now to yesterday: After looking at the bag, I just decided that maybe I should have went with the DE, despite the issues that have occurred with the straps. Maybe even the PM size or something, I folded the bag back in the duster, which is where the bag has been this entire time. Never used it, put stuff in it, never left my house. Something catches my eye on the vachetta where the fold of the bag is, almost like the vachetta had peeled or something. Upon further inspection, I notice that the entire top strip is a different color than the 2nd vachetta strip, construction looks poor as well. Taking it as a sign, I think no big deal,well within the 14 day period and its clearly defective since I have never used it.

WRONG! Go to LV in NM, my SA inspects the bag and says..."Well, you have used this bag and I can't return it". *Funny the attitude change once you actually buy the darn product.* I explain to him the only time I even took the bag out of my house was when I brought it back to him the day after. He said there was staining on the vachetta and the handle underside was shiny which means it was used. I was just beyond upset, but kept my cool as my kids were with me. He brought over another SA lady who was extremely rude and said they couldn't do anything until I talked to a manager who wouldn't be in until Monday afternoon. No offer to repair, nothing. Just adament replies from my SA saying "he would have never sold me a bag in this condition."

So call the LV customer service because I am really pissed off at this point and they essentially side with my SA after talking to him and say I need to wait to talk to the mgr because my bag was "dirty" and "damaged". I will be going in tomorrow, but I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I am screwed. I have total integrity and I would not lie if I wore this bag. Totally get its not in "resellable" condition, but when its defective it should not have been sold to me in the 1st place.

This really just makes me down on the whole brand. I am getting a nice bonus next week from work and was about to make some hefty purchases.

Appreciate anyone's input, hopefully the pics come across ok. :sad:

Attachments

• purse 2.JPG
    purse 2.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,258
  • purse 1.JPG
    purse 1.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,223
I'm shocked with their attitude... just the other day, another user reported a total disrespectful and unacceptable behaviour from the SA... what's wrong with these people working at LV?!

So sorry for what happened to you :\ best of luck solving it!

PS: and I agree with you, there's something weird going on with that alignment...

Last edited:
I'm shocked with their attitude... just the other day, another user reported a total disrespectful and unacceptable behaviour from the SA... what's wrong with these people working at LV?!

So sorry for what happened to you :\ best of luck solving it!

PS: and I agree with you, there's something weird going on with that alignment...
Thank you! Gosh I hope so too. Yea, the alignment is definitely off and the color too. That line underneath the stitching is basically non existent when compared to the rest of the bag, so I think that piece is messed up and that was the piece that had the peeling.

I at least hope I will get an offer to repair for free. I was/am very hurt by this whole experience.

Well, the alignment is quite normal, actually. However, if they sold you a bag that is dirty it possibly means that someone else used it and returned it to a SA that wasn't paying attention! I hope the manager will sort this out for you. LV is often seriously lacking in the customer service department. Not good enough for any company, let alone when we're talking high end goods.

Well, the alignment is quite normal, actually. However, if they sold you a bag that is dirty it possibly means that someone else used it and returned it to a SA that wasn't paying attention! I hope the manager will sort this out for you. LV is often seriously lacking in the customer service department. Not good enough for any company, let alone when we're talking high end goods.

Didn't you notice that the flowers aren't symmetric? it's a tiny difference, I know, but I though LV was about being "perfect"... I've held in my hands several NF and they all have a perfect alignment.

Seriously?! This is disgusting behaviour on LVs behalf! This sort of treatment doesn't seem to happen in UK stores, but I have read so many posts about rude American SA's!

I hope they sort this out!

American TPFers need to start a petition, naming and shaming the SA's and then one representative should mail it to corporate! My god this is awful! I'm actually angry for you!!

Didn't you notice that the flowers aren't symmetric? it's a tiny difference, I know, but I though LV was about being "perfect"... I've held in my hands several NF and they all have a perfect alignment.
Oh I didn't even notice that part, I was looking more at the stitching and vachetta inside the bag. Hey, if you see something else wrong let me know, apparently I am going into a fight tomorrow lol.

exelero said:

That is how most neverfulls are unfortunately. The fantasy of perfect alignment is long gone, sadly. My neverfull is from 2009 and its really off. I did not know enough back then to check it thoroughly. So the SAs are right when they say its normal - it's just new LV lower quality normal.

I wouldn't be particularly happy about it either, don't get me wrong, but I've seen lots of bags here that are slightly misaligned. I don't think LV consider that a defect. My bags are aligned perfectly, but I do have a couple of clés which have very slight misalignment. Your bag does look more misaligned than my clés. However, the real issue is the bag being sold to you in what appears to be used condition. Best of luck when you go back to the store, be sure to let us know what happens!

This is yours:
img.purseforum.com/attachments/premier-designers/louis-vuitton/2029988d1358701183-rant-help-defective-nf-mm-mono-purse-2.jpg

This is how (I think) they should be:
bagshopforum.com/attachments/louis-vuitton-gucci/112785d1306376966-authentic-louis-vuitton-monogram-neverfull-gm-lv-img_5972.jpg

see the little difference? the flowers should be symmetrical.

(damn it, I can't show the pics, dunno why -.-)

That is how most neverfulls are unfortunately. The fantasy of perfect alignment is long gone, sadly. My neverfull is from 2009 and its really off. I did not know enough back then to check it thoroughly. So the SAs are right when they say its normal - it's just new LV lower quality normal.

I agree with this post. The alignment is not perfect on most of the LV bags. I thougt everyone noticed that by now :biggrin: It does not bother me at all. I have LV bags with and without the perfect alignment and I love them all and I do not notice the alignment at all. I do not think it has to do with the lower quality. My mother gave me her Speedy (made in 1992) and it also does not have the perfect alignment.

PS: my bags are all made in France (if that is relevant :biggrin:).

I wouldn't be particularly happy about it either, don't get me wrong, but I've seen lots of bags here that are slightly misaligned. I don't think LV consider that a defect. My bags are aligned perfectly, but I do have a couple of clés which have very slight misalignment. Your bag does look more misaligned than my clés. However, the real issue is the bag being sold to you in what appears to be used condition. Best of luck when you go back to the store, be sure to let us know what happens!
Thank you! I will definitely bring up the mis-alignment. I honestly don't even care about that as much as the quality of the vachetta and the peel/tear on the side of the bag but definitely adds more ammo to my argument.

Worst case I guess I can dispute the charge on my credit card, but I just really hope this manager either lets me return the bag or just fixes it. I will definitely let y'all know the outcome tomorrow!

It doesn't even look dirty IMHO. It looks untouched except for that small mark... But remember, vachetta is really sensitive it could be from ANYTHING lol. The misalignment doesn't look that bad, so I don't think you are screwed if you just end up keeping it but you should make sure you're 100% happy with your purchase. If they don't comply, make sure to threaten to call the credit card company that always works

It doesn't even look dirty IMHO. It looks untouched except for that small mark... But remember, vachetta is really sensitive it could be from ANYTHING lol. The misalignment doesn't look that bad, so I don't think you are screwed if you just end up keeping it but you should make sure you're 100% happy with your purchase. If they don't comply, make sure to threaten to call the credit card company that always works
Haha, yes new vachetta does seem to be very tempermental, even sitting in a dust bag LOL. ;) My old NF had been through hell and back and it looks great, nice dark patina. I should steal it back from my sister!

Why do they have a return/exchange policy if they don't let anyone use it? Seems that LV customer service leaves much to be desired.