RANT! HELP! Defective NF MM Mono

Well unfortunately I made the same experience. Customer service share with the store and there is nothing I could do about it. You can read my thread: just got back from LV
I can really imagine what you're going through and I do hope for you that they are going to exchange the bag.
I'm speechless, really!!!!!
Feel so sorry for you and totally feel your pain.

Haha, yes new vachetta does seem to be very tempermental, even sitting in a dust bag LOL. ;) My old NF had been through hell and back and it looks great, nice dark patina. I should steal it back from my sister!

Why do they have a return/exchange policy if they don't let anyone use it? Seems that LV customer service leaves much to be desired.

I agree! ^.^

And I've had similar CS problems, but once I brought up the credit card company, the gave me a free repair for the shoes. I think that they should repair or exchange it for you since it's only an eeny teeny little spot on the bag and since you are not 100% happy. Also, you should find a new lv boutique to satisfy your cravings where they treat you professionally :smile:

Well unfortunately I made the same experience. Customer service share with the store and there is nothing I could do about it. You can read my thread: just got back from LV
I can really imagine what you're going through and I do hope for you that they are going to exchange the bag.
I'm speechless, really!!!!!
Feel so sorry for you and totally feel your pain.
Omg I think I posted on your thread. Crazy similar situation we are having. Also I found it kinda odd that you said you look younger than your age and it prob affects how they treat you. I am 34 and also look much younger. I definitely think that impacts how you are treated and felt that yesterday. I hope your whole deal works out. These NF's are something else.

This is the reason why I always, ALWAYS pay by credit card and hope you did as well. It offers protection which cash and debit do not (debit from your checking account; if you used your debit card as a credit card you should have protection - talk to your bank).

First of all, firmly remind the manager that your return was within the 14 day policy set forth by the company and the bag was not used; therefore, they must accommodate you. If you are met with resistance, go home and file a dispute with your bank. I may even let the manager know that is your plan, because you made two trips to the store to try to exchange and were told the first time that the wear was normal. If there is another LV in your area stop by and see if they will be more accommodating. The reason s/a's behave in this manner is because the customers almost always walk away without a fight, or are cash paying customers who have absolutely zero recourse.

Good luck, maintain your composure and don't allow the manager to bully you! If you have a husband, BF or male friend, take him along. Men are usually the voice of reason and command respect.

edited to add: I read through page 1 and see you did pay by cc. Great, now you are armed and dangerous, lol!

OMG this is just not acceptable and again with the NF! This bag clearly has some issues along with some of the LV stores and their staff.

Here in the UK if an item is not of satisfactory quality or fit for its purpose then we are protected under the Sales of Goods Act 1979; this means that we have the right to claim for a refund, replacement or a repair.

In the USA do you have any legal protection on goods that you purchase?

This is the reason why I always, ALWAYS pay by credit card and hope you did as well. It offers protection which cash and debit do not (debit from your checking account; if you used your debit card as a credit card you should have protection - talk to your bank).

First of all, firmly remind the manager that your return was within the 14 day policy set forth by the company and the bag was not used; therefore, they must accommodate you. If you are met with resistance, go home and file a dispute with your bank. I may even let the manager know that is your plan, because you made two trips to the store to try to exchange and were told the first time that the wear was normal. If there is another LV in your area stop by and see if they will be more accommodating. The reason s/a's behave in this manner is because the customers almost always walk away without a fight, or are cash paying customers who have absolutely zero recourse.

Good luck, maintain your composure and don't allow the manager to bully you! If you have a husband, BF or male friend, take him along. Men are usually the voice of reason and command respect.

edited to add: I read through page 1 and see you did pay by cc. Great, now you are armed and dangerous, lol!

Sorry for my ignorance... I don't understand the cc benefit? What do you file with your cc company? We typically pay cc, so I was jw in case it happens to me. Thanks :o)

Oh I didn't even notice that part, I was looking more at the stitching and vachetta inside the bag. Hey, if you see something else wrong let me know, apparently I am going into a fight tomorrow lol.

The alignment of the pattern probably is never 100% unfortunately but to me the second picture you posted I am surprised at. The stitching on the inside looks really bad and sloppy. I would be pointing that out as well...

clu13 said:
That is how most neverfulls are unfortunately. The fantasy of perfect alignment is long gone, sadly. My neverfull is from 2009 and its really off. I did not know enough back then to check it thoroughly. So the SAs are right when they say its normal - it's just new LV lower quality normal.

Fortunately mine from late 2011 is aligned nicely. However the leather parts that connect/overlap started to peel back after a couple of month. Took it to LV they said its normal wear. :/ I hope you get the bag issue solved ASAP! Good luck !

boyoverboard said:
I wouldn't be particularly happy about it either, don't get me wrong, but I've seen lots of bags here that are slightly misaligned. I don't think LV consider that a defect. My bags are aligned perfectly, but I do have a couple of clés which have very slight misalignment. Your bag does look more misaligned than my clés. However, the real issue is the bag being sold to you in what appears to be used condition. Best of luck when you go back to the store, be sure to let us know what happens!

This reminds me of watching a video talk about how looking at vintage LV to make sure how well the patterns are suppose to align. I guess as someone else mentioned the new standard for precision from LV has drastically dropped.

Omg I think I posted on your thread. Crazy similar situation we are having. Also I found it kinda odd that you said you look younger than your age and it prob affects how they treat you. I am 34 and also look much younger. I definitely think that impacts how you are treated and felt that yesterday. I hope your whole deal works out. These NF's are something else.

Yes, she took me for a LV craving student who has no idea of LV and no money either.
No offense here, it's just the prejudice in their heads.
The younger you are or seem to be, the worse is the treatment you get because they think they can fool you and you're too inexperienced to complain.
Please keep us informed. Hope they will give you a new bag.

Fortunately mine from late 2011 is aligned nicely. However the leather parts that connect/overlap started to peel back after a couple of month. Took it to LV they said its normal wear. :/ I hope you get the bag issue solved ASAP! Good luck !

I got mine in mid 2012 and it's also aligned nicely as well !! Quality wise, it won't affect the integrity of the bag. Look wise, it could make a huge difference for the OP who is carrying it

Attachments

• image-331351260.jpg
    image-331351260.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 348
Yes, she took me for a LV craving student who has no idea of LV and no money either.
No offense here, it's just the prejudice in their heads.
The younger you are or seem to be, the worse is the treatment you get because they think they can fool you and you're too inexperienced to complain.
Please keep us informed. Hope they will give you a new bag.

Don't worry, I'm a fellow student as well! ^.^ this is why I always have my dad put my lv purchases on his cc, for customer protection in case a situation like yours or OP's arises. I'm only 19 and I feel your pain because we work hard for our money and deserve equal respect

Don't worry, I'm a fellow student as well! ^.^ this is why I always have my dad put my lv purchases on his cc, for customer protection in case a situation like yours or OP's arises. I'm only 19 and I feel your pain because we work hard for our money and deserve equal respect

Wise decision to put your LV purchases on your Dad's cc.
Regarding respectful treatment: I get treated far better at H&M or actually at any other store.
I'm a teacher and I get up at 5 every morning in order to drive for an hour to the school I work in. I work hard for my money, that's why this injustice hurts so much.
I hope OP's problem will be solved tomorrow. My experience with managers was that they protect their staff to the disadvantage of their customers...unfortunately. I hope this won't be the case tomorrow.