RANT about NM in Newport Beach...terrible service. Really long, sorry.

Ditto what everyone else has said. Please let us know what happens. I take it this is not on your NM charge? Definitely call the cc company and offer to fax them the receipts so your credit is unaffected.

Kristie, if you are having a hard time with the SA just dispute it with your credit card company. Especially if you have the return receipt that shows that your account should have been credited. This way you won't be responsible for any finance charges or late fees while the credit card company investigates. But if you just keep calling the SA, you may still end up being responsible for the finance charges on that watch, and for a $9,000 charge at approx 20% interest, that's going to cost you $150/month. I hope it works out for you.

Ugh...thats awful.....I can't believe the lack of customer service they are providing. ALthough I am not totally suprised I use to live in Newport, and never had good look at NM. I'd definately dispute it with your credit card company, while in dispute, you shouldn't incur any interest/finance charges. Good luck!

You've waited long enough in my opinion. Call your CC company again and dispute the charge. You have proof of receipts and everything. There is no excuse for that. As soon as it's taken care of, I'd cancel the NM Card.

I have had nothing but good experiences w/NM but I wouldn't give them a second chance if this happened to me. It is totally unprofessional and ridiculous.

Kristie,
If I understand correctly, this is on your NM charge card?
Call the credit office (not the SA's) and explain the situation and tell them you can fax them your receipt showing the credit and for them to credit your account immediately or otherwise you'll pursue legal actions against them. You refuse to waste anymore time on SA's incompetence.
Then, I'd write a letter to the head of NM, with a copy of your receipt, and explain the run around you've been getting as well as how that rude manager refuses your calls. You are so in the right here, with a receipt to prove it, that they should really bend over backward to settle this and keep your business.

Wow, this is beyond unacceptable. :cursing: It's the principle behind it... it could be a $90 item, or a $9000 item, the customer service should be the same in either case! I would definitely contact the GM of the Newport Beach NM and tell him/her how you have been getting the runaround by the SA there, etc... any good, capable manager would see how ridiculous this is, and should do anything in their power to turn the situation around! Good luck, and let us know what happens!

I am mad for you too! Hugs. This is one of my major pet peeves....not getting the credit back for returned items!

BTW. Was there any chance the Palo Alto NM could have processed the credit for you? In other words, return it to the Palo Alto store then and there? Just curious so we could learn from this.

Again. Hugs hugs hugs.

Very good question because I would assume they could. The answer is no, because apparently anything from "precious jewels" has to be returned to the original store and processed there. :confused1:

Wow! Thank you all so much for feeling my pain with this ridiculous lack of service from NM. Ok, yesterday morning I had started this initial thread and called the manager again at NM Newport and he of course did not call me back:cursing: because obviously he is, pardon the expression but, "butt hurt" over his $9000 commission loss. I guess he thinks I should keep a $9000 watch that I don't love.:shrugs:

After my post here, I called my NM cc number and advised them of the situation. They contacted NM Newport AND Palo Alto to confirm it had, indeed been returned. After they found out it had they said it would be returned to my card immediately.

So, I had shoulder surgery (again) yesterday afternoon and obviously was incapable of verifying if this credit nonsense had all been taken care of. So here I am today, in major pain, drugged up on Percocet, and I call and find out that the watch has now been credited to my BERGDORF GOODMAN card instead of my Neiman's card!!:cursing:

Are these people that work for this company ALL retarded (sorry, it may be my pain meds talking)? So, after a half hour on the phone with my NM cc AGAIN, it will supposedly be transferred to the correct card. OMG how do these people actually get out of bed in the morning and function in society?? I will hopefully have the correct card credited by the end of today.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a store. If it was not for a fantastic, bend over backwards for you SA at Palo Alto that I have, I would seriously boycott the whole darn chain and their cc's.

I am thinking I should call the GM at Newport while I am on pain meds and in major pain from my surgery. They will get an extra dose of my :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Taurus temper.

Thanks agin for all the support and advice, I really appreciate you guys!:flowers:

Kristie,
I hope you're feeling better from your surgery. You are absolutely right in your comments about some of those people...I guess we should count our blessings that they aren't airport control tower employees!

OMG, I feel like I am going to lose it with NM. They still have not credited either card because I called again today to verify that the correct card had been credited. Of course, once again the cc company said they are showing no record of my call 2 days ago to request the amount be transferred onto the correct card. I was so upset and :cursing: off, I almost started crying on the phone to the cc company. Also, surprise! I got another bill in the mail for my overdue account because of this fiasco...it said to make the minimum payment due or it will be sent to collections, nice...

The cc company said they were going to directly call the manager/SA that is responsible for all of this.

I also called NM in Newport and told the general manager what a horrible manager they have in precious jewels, and asked her to remedy the situation. I told her my business with their company was O V E R.

So, I still have not heard back from any of those people as of the last hour or so.

My only sliver of justice today was that I received an independent study survey in the mail requesting info about my shopping experience at NM in Newport Beach. Oh yeah girls, I typed out a massive complaint and had to attach it to the original form :graucho: . Maybe they will take a closer look at this so called manager there

Bloody H**L :cursing:

Kristie, please keep notes of all your conversations. Names, dates, time. Who said what. I think you may have already involved the NM cc Mgr. At this point, no peon will do. Have the one cc Mgr held responsible to bringing this to resolution. In fact, talk to the Director of their operations, or whomever the highest position is there!! That person needs to connect with this SA and clear it internally for you!

I am sure you're already doing this.

This is maddening!