Random sales tax question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sorry this is kind of a random question.

I live in WA state, but am going to San Francisco at the end of the month. In San Francisco I'd like to place an order there for something that I can't get in WA.

The item will have to be shipped to me in WA where a B&M store of this brand doesn't exist.

I thought the rule for sales tax is that as long as the company doesn't have a B&M location in the final destination state then you don't have to pay sales tax.

Will I have to pay tax on this item if it's ordered and paid for in San Francisco, but shipped to WA upon completion of the item?

Thanks!

2. I don't think you will have to pay tax if the store has no b&m presence in your state..

3. You shouldn't have to pay the tax. I live in Seattle too and when I was in Vegas I bought something from the YSL boutique. I had it shipped here so I wouldn't have to pay tax.

4. :yahoo:

Thank you!!!

5. ya girl do not worry about the tax, just get there and start shopping ;)
    @love2shop-26 i love you dp ;)

6. Shipping is paid to the state it is being shipped TO. No matter what.