Random Chats and Pics

Hello again...

I know I've dropped out for a long while without telling anyone. It's just gotten a bit difficult to deal with things for a few months since my beloved kitty got diagnosed with metastatic cancer and I gave her palliative care for a while. Couldn't even get myself interested in fashion/bags/scarves/purse forum for a long while. Life happened and I had to make a difficult decision to have my kitty put to sleep last Sept. 22. I'm still very heartbroken and I'm pushing myself to not become too isolated.

I admit that I'm still crying about my kitty (she's been my cat ever since I moved out on my own) and been the only source of companionship through thick and thin, relationships/breakups, happy events and sad events. I can't even explain how much is missing without her and even with my bags and scarves, without my kitty to approve my OOTD, it just feels so empty.

I hope you ladies who are active on this thread are well and happy. I missed our chats about random things. I'm just not feeling interested in shopping or bags at the moment but wanted to say hello and tell you that I truly appreciate your kindness towards me even though I'm only another random stranger on the internet.

I apologize for the incoherent, sappy post. I'll lurk for a bit and try to catch up. :heart:

Hello again...

I know I've dropped out for a long while without telling anyone. It's just gotten a bit difficult to deal with things for a few months since my beloved kitty got diagnosed with metastatic cancer and I gave her palliative care for a while. Couldn't even get myself interested in fashion/bags/scarves/purse forum for a long while. Life happened and I had to make a difficult decision to have my kitty put to sleep last Sept. 22. I'm still very heartbroken and I'm pushing myself to not become too isolated.

I admit that I'm still crying about my kitty (she's been my cat ever since I moved out on my own) and been the only source of companionship through thick and thin, relationships/breakups, happy events and sad events. I can't even explain how much is missing without her and even with my bags and scarves, without my kitty to approve my OOTD, it just feels so empty.

I hope you ladies who are active on this thread are well and happy. I missed our chats about random things. I'm just not feeling interested in shopping or bags at the moment but wanted to say hello and tell you that I truly appreciate your kindness towards me even though I'm only another random stranger on the internet.

I apologize for the incoherent, sappy post. I'll lurk for a bit and try to catch up. :heart:

Hi PNJ. It is very good to see you on the forum again. I am truly sorry for your loss — I know how very much you loved your kitty and how much joy she brought you. I hope in time, your pain will lessen a bit while always holding onto precious memories of her. It is understandable that things like bags/scarves are unimportant right now (and maybe just unimportant in general in the grand scheme of things/life). I hope you take good care of yourself and perhaps take some walks and get some fresh air to help your well being. As always, feel free to stop by this thread anytime — someone from this lovely group is always around.

Hello again...

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss! :hugs:
I know it's not easy and even though I lost two dogs in the last two years I still cry thinking about them and miss them dearly! They were 15 and 13 years old. Hang in there!

Hello again...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your furbaby! It's a grieving process when a beloved pet has been a part of your family for so long. Take care of you, and when you're ready to randomly chat, come back and say hi! :heart:

Hello again...

Hello PearlsnJeans,

First, I’m very sorry for your loss. I think most people with pets do treat them as a family member, and the loss of a loved one is devastating.

I recently read somewhere—can’t remember where or I’d cite the source—and this really resonated with me, so I’ll put it here for you (and paraphrase to the best of my memory):

It doesn’t really matter what people say—all the usual trite sayings—the loss of a loved one is just so devastating and no words will make the hurt stop. We all grieve in our own way, but what’s usually similar is that when strangers and friends alike say these trite sayings of “ my condolences,” or “call me if you need to talk”—these words show that people care, and they’re doing their best to offer help.

Internet strangers or not—I do believe that your chat buddies here are very sorry for your loss, and we hope that with passing time, your hurt will be more bearable, and perhaps with even more time, you can open your heart and home to another little one—not to replace your beloved kitty, but perhaps as the next love and joy in your life. I know my little clown dog brings me so much happiness on the daily, and it’s an experience to be lived, and not just described by someone else (Burrito is my first real pet).

Grieve and heal in your own way, and when you are ready to chat again, we will still be here.

Hugs to you!!

Hello again...

pearlsnjeans, I just want to give you a big, virtual hug and cry with you. I understand how fur babies can be our best friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Hi PNJ. It is very good to see you on the forum again. I am truly sorry for your loss — I know how very much you loved your kitty and how much joy she brought you. I hope in time, your pain will lessen a bit while always holding onto precious memories of her. It is understandable that things like bags/scarves are unimportant right now (and maybe just unimportant in general in the grand scheme of things/life). I hope you take good care of yourself and perhaps take some walks and get some fresh air to help your well being. As always, feel free to stop by this thread anytime — someone from this lovely group is always around.

@Iamminda :hugs:
It is so very nice to read your response and your kind words. The fun bags and scarves are merely decorations to me and cannot replace the joy Maoki (my kitty) brought to my life. I had just been recovering from a really bad bout of bronchitis so I do need to take care of myself. There's going to be a pause in our (seemingly non-stop) rains so I can go for a stroll soon. :heart:

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss! :hugs:
I know it's not easy and even though I lost two dogs in the last two years I still cry thinking about them and miss them dearly! They were 15 and 13 years old. Hang in there!

@houseof999 Thank you for your comforting words and I also send my sincere condolences to you. Our furry friends are part of our families and lives, so it hurts so much to lose them. I understand the crying when a memory about our beloved departed pets come up, it just means that they are still very important and irreplaceable. :heart:

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your furbaby! It's a grieving process when a beloved pet has been a part of your family for so long. Take care of you, and when you're ready to randomly chat, come back and say hi! :heart:

@stylistbydesign Thank you so much for your kindness. I'll keep doing my best taking care of me while I keep Maoki alive in my memories in honor of the joy she brought to my life. I hope everything is going well for you. :smile:

Hello PearlsnJeans,

First, I’m very sorry for your loss. I think most people with pets do treat them as a family member, and the loss of a loved one is devastating.

I recently read somewhere—can’t remember where or I’d cite the source—and this really resonated with me, so I’ll put it here for you (and paraphrase to the best of my memory):

It doesn’t really matter what people say—all the usual trite sayings—the loss of a loved one is just so devastating and no words will make the hurt stop. We all grieve in our own way, but what’s usually similar is that when strangers and friends alike say these trite sayings of “ my condolences,” or “call me if you need to talk”—these words show that people care, and they’re doing their best to offer help.

Internet strangers or not—I do believe that your chat buddies here are very sorry for your loss, and we hope that with passing time, your hurt will be more bearable, and perhaps with even more time, you can open your heart and home to another little one—not to replace your beloved kitty, but perhaps as the next love and joy in your life. I know my little clown dog brings me so much happiness on the daily, and it’s an experience to be lived, and not just described by someone else (Burrito is my first real pet).

Grieve and heal in your own way, and when you are ready to chat again, we will still be here.

Hugs to you!!

@GeorginaLavender :hugs:
I am very grateful and moved by your kindness and comforting words and I feel their sincerity. My beloved Maoki was the centerpiece of my otherwise unremarkable life and losing her put such a big hole in my heart, I'm still trying to find my way back to a "new normal." I know only time can heal my broken heart and I am looking forward to that day when I am ready to welcome a new kitty friend. :heart:

pearlsnjeans, I just want to give you a big, virtual hug and cry with you. I understand how fur babies can be our best friends. I am so sorry for your loss.

@Addicted to bags :hugs: Thank you so much for your kindness and comforting words. Our pets are not only merely animals, they are our family and best friends. :heart: