Ramesh Nair’s Designs

I beg to disageee with you.

The pieces at JD are priced accordingly and funnily, the quality is way better than hermes -- I say this because I have had the benefit of comparing both brands side by side in terms of craftsmanship. I really scrutinized even the smallest details that would have otherwise evaded others -- and this I can attest to without reservation, Duclos bags (under Nair's direction) are on a league of their own. I can't say it's fair to pit Hermes and Duclos in the same group because Hermes clearly had decades of solid consumer communication and marketing whereas Duclos is still new, even with their centuries-long heritage. Hermes is already on the top when it comes to the more "commercial" luxe brands, but Duclos is definitely a strong contender with their heritage leather and exotics. Again, I only say this with conviction because I've had the benefit of side by side comparision between both ❤️
I have to admit that when I first saw the prices I thought they were a little higher than expected for a new brand. Having seen all the recent price increases elsewhere, the JD prices now look very reasonable given the level of craftsmanship, quality of materials etc. though.
The only thing that concerns me (and steers me back to Hermes) is that having purchased two beautiful Ramesh designed Moynat bags, that were then within months discontinued and sold at a discount, then when enquiring about a possible repair being told it may be possible if the leather is still available (it's not a big issue so I didn't pursue this and it may well have been done in fairness). I'm not massively keen on investing in a bag (that may well last a lifetime) only to find that 5, 10, 20 years down the road it may or may not be able to be repaired if it is required.
At least with Hermes I know that they will almost certainly still be around and in most instances unless it is a very rare leather or colour they can for the most part repair / replace bits.
The JD bags look beautiful and I don't doubt the quality is amazing, but I really like to know that I can really use a bag then get it refreshed if necessary later down the line. Only time will tell I guess. :heart:

I have to admit that when I first saw the prices I thought they were a little higher than expected for a new brand. Having seen all the recent price increases elsewhere, the JD prices now look very reasonable given the level of craftsmanship, quality of materials etc. though.
The only thing that concerns me (and steers me back to Hermes) is that having purchased two beautiful Ramesh designed Moynat bags, that were then within months discontinued and sold at a discount, then when enquiring about a possible repair being told it may be possible if the leather is still available (it's not a big issue so I didn't pursue this and it may well have been done in fairness). I'm not massively keen on investing in a bag (that may well last a lifetime) only to find that 5, 10, 20 years down the road it may or may not be able to be repaired if it is required.
At least with Hermes I know that they will almost certainly still be around and in most instances unless it is a very rare leather or colour they can for the most part repair / replace bits.
The JD bags look beautiful and I don't doubt the quality is amazing, but I really like to know that I can really use a bag then get it refreshed if necessary later down the line. Only time will tell I guess. :heart:
was thinking about repairability about these brands and my plan is to just send them to Peter Nitz in the event that they don't do repairs. Peter can source leathers that H uses (and no doubt Moynat and JD also use), he can repair luxury bags, and he's still quite young.