Ramadan :)

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak!!! I may not fast this month (because of personal issues..It depends on what happens this weekend...) Anyway, I am abstaining from many, many things and will reading the Koran faithfully. Congrats and good luck to all who have started fasting!!!

Ramdan Mubarak to all Muslim members of tPF :smile: and a happy New Year to all my Jewish friends, too!
I'm not a muslim but I really marvel at the way they can fast for so long. I think I would have fainted in half a day.
And so am I...
I'm a Christian and my DH is Muslim and he is fasting. I admire his ability to always stick to it, especially having me around. I can not fast with my DH even in solidarity for I just can't go on for many hours without water (without food - no problem :smile:) - it is so hot over here in the UAE :cursing: And the hardest part for both of us is that we are smokers and while DH is fasting he can't smoke either but I do...I try to hide from him but he smells the cigarets and it's torturing him :crybaby: and I feel guilty

OMG, i am fasting today, and its very hard right now.. i feel so hungry and thats not the worst part .. this year i am a smoker, and i got addicted so now i am craving a cigarette , maybe this will help me quit...

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak!!! I may not fast this month (because of personal issues..It depends on what happens this weekend...) Anyway, I am abstaining from many, many things and will reading the Koran faithfully. Congrats and good luck to all who have started fasting!!!

Best Wishes sweeet heart .. i always go back to Quraan, its my ONLY healer after God's faith =)

enshalllah u will be fine and get rewarded for ur loss =)

*hugs*

Ramdan Mubarak to all Muslim members of tPF :smile: and a happy New Year to all my Jewish friends, too!

And so am I...
I'm a Christian and my DH is Muslim and he is fasting. I admire his ability to always stick to it, especially having me around. I can not fast with my DH even in solidarity for I just can't go on for many hours without water (without food - no problem :smile:) - it is so hot over here in the UAE :cursing: And the hardest part for both of us is that we are smokers and while DH is fasting he can't smoke either but I do...I try to hide from him but he smells the cigarets and it's torturing him :crybaby: and I feel guilty

Another uaeyan here:wtf: i know exactly what u mean with Ramdan in summer ...

in a couple of years it will be in Aug/July :wtf: may allla be with us

Thanks everyone!

I have a Q- [ since I am a newcomer...]

My SO and I got into a little fight last night over something petty!

My friends bday is tomorrow, and I told him that shes having a party.

He immediately said "NO, YOU CAN'T GO. IT'S RAMADAN"

I understand that during ramadan there are some things you can do and can't..

But can someone please tell me WHY I CAN'T or SHOULDN'T attend my friends birthday?

I do not drink, I NEVER go out, all I do is go to work, school,shopping by myself,and home.

Now that I actually have an event to attend, and coincidently Ramadan just started, what is the right thing here? I'm so confused and I would like some opinions on this please.

Thanks everyone!

But can someone please tell me WHY I CAN'T or SHOULDN'T attend my friends birthday?

I do not drink, I NEVER go out, all I do is go to work, school,shopping by myself,and home.

Now that I actually have an event to attend, and coincidently Ramadan just started, what is the right thing here? I'm so confused and I would like some opinions on this please.
I am happy that you are seeking help.. If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me.. Is you husband an arab.. lol, or middle eastern.. Usually its not about religion and mostly about a culture thing.. Alot of arab men expect his wife to stay at home and be a housewife, the men bring the income and the women stay at home... that is a typical arab way of living. When it comes to religion its a difrent thing.. You have to understand that islam is they way of living.. Its a wonderful thing once you understand the meaning.. Now at your friends party will there be men attending the party, this might be why your husband does not want you to attend the party.. Now as a new convert i recommend something for you.. If you are used to doing things that are haram things then dont worry... Try to lessen up over time.. And tell your husband you would like the extra freedom, and that he should have total trust of you.. my frined from school was very intersested in converting and after time she finally decied to convert... The problem with her was, she used to drink and do drugs.. I did not want to scare her and say "OH STOP drinking and doing drugs" I told her its ok you may continue drinking but over time slowly stop... and hamdalah she did stop, and now she is even a better Muslim than me. Tell your husband that no one is perfect. And that we all do mistakes.. Just try your best to be faithful.. And if the party is all women then there would be no problem for you to attend the party..:yes:

Thanks everyone!

Is the only reason you cant go is because it is ramadan?
Personally, I dont see any harm in going, especially since you said you wont be drinking or doing anything like that.
Where is the party going to be, at a restaurant a home?

PrinceAbdullah & Noon! Thanks for the replies!

To asnwer some of the Q's, my so is not middle eastern nor Iraqi lol. He's Filipino. He is also converted but has been practicing Islam for only about 2-3 years.

I must admit, he sometimes does get pretty harsh on me doing things. Sometimes I have to remind him that I am not as strong will as he is, and that I've been doing the things I'm use to do FOREVER! Now that the whole converting thing, it's very DIFFERENT & DIFFICULT to not do certain things and getting use to things also.

Is it that serious that he says I shouldn't go even though it's going to be at her house, and yes, men will be included. It's basically a college party.