Ralph Lauren Ricky vs Hermes Birkin

I think the Ricky and the Birkin are actually quite different. To me, the Ricky has much more of a travel (maybe aviator?) look to it. Perhaps that's due to the hardware. I like the combo one with the flannel. Although the Birkin is a tote, it has a daintier look to it, IMO.

Way back when, pre-H days for me, I had seen the Ricky in a magazine and loved it. Possibly because they showed it in green croc, which is my grail of all grail colors, and it was all I could think of. But now that I've been better educated (thanks, tPF), I think it is a shabby attempt at the birkin market. Definitely I'd rather have the original.

i really never have felt comfortable with buying my first birkin from ebay or from a private seller and i cant stand being on a "wait list' so at the end i did opt for the ricky and it feels great. i love the red leather buttery soft interior...its spacious...and i dont worry about seeing 20 fakes out in public..so at the end..i would say ricky is the way to go....here's my baby....

Attachments

• l_b45815f754c86cae2881166e1ff68211.jpg
    l_b45815f754c86cae2881166e1ff68211.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,027
yes. at first i didn't think i could or would. i mean who pays 3k for a ralph lauren bag right? once i saw it and held it, i really did fall in love with it.

I like the Birkin's proportions better. I've never held a Ricky, but it looks heavier than the Birkin. I also don't think the Ricky has been around long enough for anyone to know how well it wears over time.