Rakuten how to for english speakers?

Bordelle

UK, FR, IT, TZ...
Feb 25, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I came across the above name while searching for more info on the bags that are on my list (or should be on it). Unfortunately, I cannot read or speak Japanese and was wondering how one who cannot would go about ordering something from them. Do they perhaps have a French or Italian website? Or english even?

Please let meknow what you might...

Hi Bordelle, I don't think Rakuten website has an English/French/Italian version yet. But the good news is that they do ship internationally. I guess the best bet is to find a Japanese friend to help you out with the ordering...

I would be careful to use babelfish - I don't think internet translation services are advanced enough. Those I see are either hilarious or useless, and it would seem too risky to place an order for something expensive based on that.

A friend dearly wanted an item at Rakuten - this was only about 2 mos ago. A Hermes scarf. And she found out

1. The checkout system will not allow international addresses eg the USA
2. She called the Japanese vendor who said they would only ship to Japan - perhaps others will ship internationally, I am not sure

In the end, she got a Japanese internet friend to buy the scarf and reship to the USA

Rakuten, as you may already know, is an online shopping mall that has gazillions of stores, and each store has their own policy. Many of them only ship within Japan but I've seen a store that ships internationally. Also, many items there are already sold out (and the stores keep them there forever).

Bordele, you might have gotten some help from other members already, but if you don't mind PMing me the link(s) to the specific store or item, I'd be happy to translate the info.:smile:

Is there a list of what shops ships internationally? I have found a smaller item on the site which I have been searching for a very long time and would be so happy if this specific item could be shipped internationally.