Rakhee's off to ban island forever-my collection of eleven is complete!

Thank you for your kind words!

The wooden clutch was the best bag buy I ever made! I bought it from a high street store here in the uk (French Connection) about 8 years ago for the barginous price of about £50! It probably gets the most compliments of all my bags [emoji4]

Your next question is a difficult one because I really cannot imagine adding anymore bags to my collection! Of course there are many more out there that I love, but the reason they didn't make the cut in the first place is because when I applied my 'no two bags should cover the same occasion rule' I couldn't justify buying them considering what I already had. Three that I considered but didn't buy were the YSL shopping tote in black as a smarter work tote, a Hermes Evelyn pm in gold as a larger crossbody and a Chanel square lambskin mini in navy blue (just because it's super cute and I wear a lot of navy and don't have a navy bag!) But I have no plans to add these since I feel like I have bags in my collection that would cover the same occasions as these would already. That would just be a slippery slope! [emoji6]

Deciding on jewellery was easier than bags for me! It probably helped that I work in an environment that doesn't allow me to wear any jewellery at all to work except a pair of stud earrings!
So I decided all I would 'need' were:
1 pair of 'good for every occasion' stud earrings (mikimoto 7mm pearl studs)
1 ring (YG & diamond full eternity band)
1 watch (Cartier small tank francaise mop dial)
1 dainty 'goes with everything'/discreet pendant necklace (Tiffany DBTY YG 0.18 pendant)
1 more statement/visible pendant necklace for everyday and dressy (VCA vintage Alhambra single motif YG MOP)

And that's that! I still absolutely love looking at bags and jewellery but for me now it's nothing more than window shopping! HTHs! [emoji4]

Wish I had your discipline regarding bags, lol. I bought 2 bags (one premier, the other contemporary) this year after a 2 year hiatus and seem to have fallen back into 'baglust'. There are at least 5 other bags I'd like to have someday and I'm going to take my sweet time. The good thing is that I've always been able to control my 'habit' but I do envy those of us who reach real contentment when it comes to bags.

Thanks for sharing your jewelry planning process. It makes lots of sense. Sadly, I'm my mother's daughter and as such, I have plenty of jewelry. No discipline there either:giggle:

Anyway, I'll be looking for a wooden clutch from hereon out. All thanks to you.:lol:

Thanks much for taking the time to answer my questions and if you ever have the time, you should add your smaller bags to the '
Show us your clutches/wristlets/pouches/chain wallets and other dainty purses! thread.

Enjoy your pieces in good health!

Reactions: rakhee81
I love your approach to curating your collection so thoughtfully. It's going to help me too as my collection of 4 begins to grow! I love your choices in bags, I think I grow tired of seeing collections that have 5 bags of each brand or 10 LV bags in a row... I admire your variety in designers and am now getting ideas for which to consider next. [emoji8]

I love your approach to curating your collection so thoughtfully. It's going to help me too as my collection of 4 begins to grow! I love your choices in bags, I think I grow tired of seeing collections that have 5 bags of each brand or 10 LV bags in a row... I admire your variety in designers and am now getting ideas for which to consider next. [emoji8]

Thank you! A couple of years ago I was one of those who had a collection of bags all from one designer (most of which I wasn't using as I'd bought without considering whether they would fit my lifestyle) and it was TPF that opened my eyes to venturing into something new, so I'm glad my process has helped someone else now too! Look forward to seeing your collection unveiled on here too! [emoji4]

That's an excellent way to organise your bag collection! I shall have to start thinking about what I need as well :smile: I think I pretty much have all of it covered, except I want a really nice evening bag/clutch ~ that's going to have to wait though. My life is mostly made up of work days & not so many fun evenings that require a pretty clutch! ;)

That's an excellent way to organise your bag collection! I shall have to start thinking about what I need as well :smile: I think I pretty much have all of it covered, except I want a really nice evening bag/clutch ~ that's going to have to wait though. My life is mostly made up of work days & not so many fun evenings that require a pretty clutch! ;)

Thanks!

What a gorgeous, diverse and well curated collection! I admire your process and how you outlined your categories. Thank you for sharing.
I am editing my bag collection and you've provided a wonderful model.

Reactions: rakhee81