Raju the Elephant Freed After 50 Years of Animal Abuse

It's not likely. They can live into their 60s and 70s but it's rare. Just like we all can live to be 100 - it's rare. His wounds (especially the foot related ones) can be fatal. That's what concerns me the most. Abscesses on their foot pads are hard to treat. But he does have round the clock care so that's what gives me hope for him. At least when he does pass it will be surrounded by people who love him who can keep him comfortable till that time comes. He's a survivor. He will go when he's ready. Just thankful it won't be in the street.

Last edited:
It's not likely. They can live into their 60s and 70s but it's rare. Just like we all can live to be 100 - it's rare. His wounds (especially the foot related ones) can be fatal. That's what concerns me the most. Abscesses on their foot pads are hard to treat. But he does have round the clock care so that's what gives me hope for him. At least when he does pass it will be surrounded by people who love him who can keep him comfortable till that time comes. He's a survivor. He will go when he's ready. Just thankful it won't be in the street.

exactly :smile: even if he does not have another 50 years, at least he'll be with people and elephants that love him. Even if it's a short period of time with elephants advanced emotions Raju will be thankful for as long as he lives knowing he's comfortable, happy and surrounded by family both human and animals :smile:

I wish he had crushed that awful man who did this too him during his rescue… Makes me so mad that this is still allowed to happen. Some people should just be wiped off the planet.

Saw this story in the news. Brought me to tears. Some people are a waste of space. I am so thankful Raju is in a loving place with the care he so greatly deserves. Bless Raju and all the precious creatures.