raisin or dark violet ggh?

I have both raisin and DV and love them both- they are so different. In my case the DV is more distressed and wrinkled and that is the way I prefer the leather. I think there is a post somewhere showing the two colors together. I have had absolutely no fading issues with my raisins but it's too soon to tell with DV.

I'll take a photo of my Raisin Work and DV wallet for you - I think both are beautiful colours - Raisin is a red based purple and DV seems more blue based. If I was choosing, it would be down to the leather rather than colour, as both are so pretty...

Hi Trail7 and clevercat, thanks for your replies! So the consensus seems to be that both are beautiful colours. In some pictures, DV looks a lot like raisin in certain lighting but that isn't the case huh... it's definitely a blue-based purple?

Re leather, I admit I'm partial to the older leathers. The leather on vert menthe, for instance - matte and not-so-soft - just doesn't invite caressing haha. But I'm hanging onto it because it's such a gorgeous chameleon colour and is so hardy to boot!

Yikkie, oh no; I thought I'd read that raisin has generally held up really well with no fading issues. Can any other raisin owners weigh in on this?

I've had my Raisin bag for almost two years - the colour hasn't budged, and it's been well used. I think that of all the Bal purples, this is the one with the least fading issues.

I'll take a photo of my Raisin Work and DV wallet for you - I think both are beautiful colours - Raisin is a red based purple and DV seems more blue based. If I was choosing, it would be down to the leather rather than colour, as both are so pretty...
agreed! raisin has more red and DV has more blue! i have a DV giant gold hardware envelope so let me know if you need pictures! ^_^

My vote is for the Dark Violet! I have the Dark Violet and love it!! It is such a beautiful color. The raisin is also a beautiful color. All I can say is that my DV has leather to die for and this is why my vote is definitely for the DV:hbeat: