Raisin leather?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm considering purchasing a raisin bag (not sure which style yet), and I'm curious to know your thoughts about the quality of the leather on raisin-colored bags. I've heard from a Bal rep that the raisin leather is distressed rather than smooth. Otherwise, I don't know much about the quality. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

2. I have a raisin city and the leather is distressed which I personally love. It is moderately thick and very color saturated...I have seen other pictures of raisin that were more smooth, so like most bal bags it varies.

3. I have Raisin Weekender and I am in love with the leather. It is much different than any of my other Agnaeu bags. It is very buttery to the touch (read: Not dry at all!) and very thick as well. It has some distressing but not the bad veiny kind.. it is smooth to the touch.. I really love it!

The color is really rich and complex too :tup:

4. I just got mine - my first bbag ever! Mine is really smooth with not too much distressing.. I'll have to reveal it later

5. well i just sold my raisin ggh pt because i didn'tl ike the leather:it was stiff and not distressed as i love..

6. Raisin can look a bit mottled, I think. My SGH PT has a bit of that problem. But otherwise the leather is quite smooth and softer than SS 2009.

7. I think it really varies... so many tPFers love their Raisins, but the ones I saw in the Bal Singapore shop were really awful - stiff and smooth. I think it would be best if you could get a chance to pick out the bag yourself.

8. I HAVE A RAISIN CITY AND IT IS THICK, CHEWY AND FEELS VERY SOFT. IT'S NICE AND DARK WITH SLIGHT DISTRESSING. IMO, JUST PERFECT!:smile:
    I THINK IT'S WISE TO TRY AND SEE THEM IRL. OTHERWISE I WOULD STRESS TO THE SA THAT YOU WANT A CERTAIN KIND OF LEATHER, ETC.