rainy day?

Do you bring your bbag out on a rainy day or hide them away from the rain?

• out In the rain

• hide them well

Results are only viewable after voting.

pinaybaglover

Jan 28, 2014
The reason why i check the weather forecast for the day is to determine which bag i'll bring. If it is a wet day, i'll skip the bal and bring out my other canvas bags! ;)

PinkPeonies

In My Bag Room
Jul 22, 2011
I've been caught out in a downpour with my Bals. They've all dried ok. Ive even carried my Suede Bal on a showery day where it didn't stop showering at all. I tried very hard to cover it but some parts still got splattered. I got home and it was all ok. I waterproofed it as soon as I got it, which was over a year ago.

LOREBUNDE

O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Florida
If I was carrying it and it started raining lightly, I wouldn't freak out but would try to cover it if possible. If I wake up and pouring, I most likely would use a Prada nylon or LV Epi.

fancy2212

Sep 3, 2014
It's dreary and rainy today in GA and I brought out my new city today 😄(happy bday to me!) 🎂

solitudelove

Nov 4, 2011
If it rains I try not to bring it out, but I have also carried my bag in pouring rain. I try to wipe it dry as soon as I can.

seidokat

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
southwest france/hawaii
I wear my Bals when there's light showers, but when it's truly wet out, I carry my Goyard.

With the weather being so unpredictable this year, I've been caught in the rain before with my Bals, particularly my A4 Papier which got absolutely soaked. Thankfully, there was no damage at all, but I wouldn't make it a habit.

London 411

O.G.
Aug 1, 2009
I will carry my bag, when she arrives, through rain...sleet...sun....and snow!!!

But, of course, I will keep a little sack inside so I can protect her if the need arises! :rain:

Maice

HIME
Mar 5, 2013
United States
I usually try to avoid bringing any of my Bals when I know it's going to rain/it's raining. I rotate my bags frequently, and tend to use one of my "rain bags" for rainy days (Prada nylon, Longchamp nylon, LV canvas, Furla Candy, RL canvas). None of my Bals are treated/water-proofed so that also plays a part in my decision.

cupcakegirl

Jun 15, 2011
If it's pouring :rain:, I use my Longchamp. But I'll carry my bals if it's a light rain, they dry out just fine.

Miss89

Jul 29, 2012
UK
No,my choice of the bags depends of the outfit...I don't think of the weather when i pick any of my bags.

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
Mar 31, 2012
I'v used my Chocolate city in the rain (and snow), but I won't use my newer bags.

benr

O.G.
Jun 22, 2006
Last Friday night I got caught in a huge downpour, as in buckets, of rain carrying one of my Velos. We literally had to go from one end of the outdoor mall to our car on the other end of the mall. I freaked out thinking my poor bag was going to see some damage. It dried and was absolutely perfect! I have carried Bals for years and knew they are usually fine, but I think I was more worried about this one because it's one I purchased recently and the thought of my new baby having damage was scary. Like others have said, unless it's suede, I don't look at the weather report in deciding what Bag to carry.