Rain Protector brands other than Apple?? Help!

Luda

English girl in NY
O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
I've read GUNG's "Cleaning your RM bag" thread pretty exhaustively but can't find any reccomended water/stain/rain protectors (as opposed to leather conditioner/moisturizer) OTHER than the AppleGarde or Lovin' My Bags brands?

I'm unable to order anything online and need to buy something in person to protect my MAM which is all leather, no suede. I trekked to about 6 of the stockists listed on Apple's website but they were either now closed down/didn't exist/didn't stock it after all! :cursing:

I've noticed lots of shoe repair stores have other leather rain-protector sprays and am wondering if that will be ok to use - has anyone tried any other brands successfully?

I'm getting desperate (and axiously looking out for rain until the bag is protected!)

Thanks

I should have mentioned I live in New York - Wilsons looked great but no stores in the city! :sad:

I'll have a look at what Footlocker has though.

Thanks guys - I didn't think this would be so tricky!

Is there a Burlington Coat Factory near where you live? I was just there today and they had Apple Leather care products - conditioner & stain/rain protectant spray for $5 each. They were located in the leather coats section.

Thanks all.
Mooch - I used that store locator on Apple's website and that was when I literally tried about 6 or 7 of them - and had no luck at all! (I should probably email them to let them know half these places have shut down). Guess I should suck it up and schlep to a few more - the law of averages says I have to strike lucky at some point!

I'll look into Kiwi and Burlington Coat Factory too.

Thanks Dee, that's a good idea only I have a problem with cards - I don't have a credit card at the moment with me in the US (I'm from the London, but in NY for 6 months) and I'm wary of using debit card over the phone or online...in fact since billing and shipping address obviously won't match, I think there might be probs even if I did want to use it.
So - long story short, that's why I'm trying to find somewhere I can buy it in person. (Sorry for the lengthy explanation and thanks for the suggestions though!)