Rain on Monogram Canvas?

imysworld

PandaPop
Sep 16, 2010
I know that this has probably been covered, please don’t close it instantly Mods :angel:

Well i have searched the forums and cannot find what i want to know, all i want is some links to the answers i want to know or even answers i guess

I have found alot on the vancheta (don’t know if i spelt that right) and rain but not about the canvas

i saw someone said that the canvas can stain in rain, but i was wondering if you wipe it off as soon as it falls on it will it stop the stain??

I could not find anything, i don’t know if i completely missed something or not, but im in the uk and about 70% time it rains, i haven’t got the bag yet but i was thinking about getting a monogram canvas neverfull, but if its going to get ruined by rain spots might put me off, im not as bothered about the leather as its kind of hard to stop that changing colour if you are going to use the bag everyday but i just was wondering if you wiped it off quickly would it stop it marking it?

and also if there was a huge torrential downpour if the bag would be swimming in water as I know its open at the top (I would be using a HUGE umbrella)

[FONT=&quot]Thank you, links to existing threads will be fine :biggrin: [/FONT]

The canvas in itself is not going to be a problem with rain; its the vachetta (untreated virgin leather) you have to worry about. If you're concerned with rain, I'd recommend any LV bags in either the Damier canvas Ebene or Epi collection; those two collection don't have any vachetta.

The canvas in itself is not going to be a problem with rain; its the vachetta (untreated virgin leather) you have to worry about. If you're concerned with rain, I'd recommend any LV bags in either the Damier canvas Ebene or Epi collection; those two collection don't have any vachetta.

it wasnt the vachetta i was worried about more the canvas lol :biggrin:

The Canvas is fine it won't be affected at all by rain its the dreaded vachetta :devil:
I get really anal about the Vachetta I would hate to see my vachetta with rain spots, oil marks etc.. a nice even patinas fine just hate when it looks cruddy if you kwim.
I tend to use Damier, Vernis and Epi during those 70% rainy days we get here in U.K and I use Azur and Mono on those rare good weather days we get!

...Can't wait to see your reveal

Last edited:
The Canvas is fine it won't be affected at all by rain its the dreaded vachetta :devil:
I get really anal about the Vachetta I would hate to see my vachetta with rain spots, oil marks etc.. a nice even patinas fine just hate when it looks cruddy if you kwim.
I tend to use Damier, Vernis and Epi during those 70% rainy days we get here in U.K and I use Azur and Mono on those rare good weather days we get!

If i could afford more than one bag i would have one for each type of weather lol :biggrin:

can you put beezwax on the vachetta to protect it a little?? or is that a no no??

I will be really carful but if i did get a little drip on it would just add to the bag to make it a lil different if you get me? i do want to try to get it to that pretty honey colour tho :biggrin:

I'm not sure about beeswax, I use a spray called 'shining monkey' on my Vachetta but theres all kinds of controversal threads about that product! but I think it great! others have recommended 'loving my bags' products but I wanted one that wouldnt change the colour of the vachetta after application! I think 'loving my bags' darkens the vachetta slightly, don't quote me on that as I have never tried it and can't remember what was said about it word for word! I'll look for the threads for you and post them here :tup:

I'm not sure about beeswax, I use a spray called 'shining monkey' on my Vachetta but theres all kinds of controversal threads about that product! but I think it great! others have recommended 'loving my bags' products but I wanted one that wouldnt change the colour of the vachetta after application! I think 'loving my bags' darkens the vachetta slightly, don't quote me on that as I have never tried it and can't remember what was said about it word for word! I'll look for the threads for you and post them here :tup:

Thank you, just usually on leather bags i have used beezwax (dont know where i got the idea from?)

But i have never had one worth so much so just want to make sure i look after it!!! only 26 days until i can order it!!! :biggrin:

That happend to me . I was in the rain with my damier graphite daniel gm and after a few minutes when i returned home i noticed that the black/grey canvas was full of stains.Then i grabbed the bag and tried to clean it with a wet cloth (the canvas had already been dried from the rain water) and after 15 minutes the stains had gradually disappeard .
I don't know if that can happen to monogram canvas but i believe that it can .

That happend to me . I was in the rain with my damier graphite daniel gm and after a few minutes when i returned home i noticed that the black/grey canvas was full of stains.Then i grabbed the bag and tried to clean it with a wet cloth (the canvas had already been dried from the rain water) and after 15 minutes the stains had gradually disappeard .

I am so glad I came across this post. I was about to buy a Damier Graphite Daniel MM at the end of the month but I live in Ireland where it rains pretty much all the time so I guess I'll be buying Prada instead. I thought the canvas would be much more resilient than it appears to be :sad:

I'm just curious.. how can this happen? I've understood that the canvas is plastic coated fabric. So how can plastic be stained by just rain / water drops? :shocked: Shouldn't you be able to wipe it dry..?

I would be shocked if rain hurt the canvas- Dont take a bag with vachetta out in the rain, even if it is protected- I protect mine with Kiwi products, but thats for accidents, not ignorance walking in the rain with a bag with vachetta on it- Its coated canvas, it should be just fine-